Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Farm/Rural attacks 2015

This thread is a continuation from

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...l-attacks-2014

Please post details and sources.

Thanks

Camo
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    This thread is a continuation from http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...l-attacks-2014 Please post details and sources. Thanks Camo
    Thanks Camo.

User

Default Re: Farm/Rural attacks 2015

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...8#.VKYnBSuUfdc

Intruder kills man on F State farm

January 1 2015 at 11:19am By SAPA
    Johannesburg - A 67-year-old man living on a farm near Sasolburg has been shot dead, Free State police said on Thursday.

The man's wife noticed an intruder on the property when she looked out of the window of the house they were renting on the farm, on Wednesday night, Lieutenant Livhuhani Hani said.

“The man went outside to enquire what was going on and he was shot once in the upper body, on the left side. Unfortunately he died on the scene,” she said.

“No one else was injured and nothing was stolen. The motive for the shooting is unknown.”

No arrests had been made. - Sapa

Wife tells of last call to 'panicked' shot farmer

2015-01-06 12:43

Malcolm “Stick” Green. (The Witness)

Related Links

Jeff Wicks, The Witness

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...armer-20150106

Pietermaritzburg - Murdered Estcourt farmer Malcolm “Stick” Green uttered his last words to his son moments before succumbing to a single gunshot wound inflicted during a farm attack in the early hours of Monday morning.

The well-known Green, 69, was wounded during a confrontation with four men who had forced their way into his farmhouse.
    As he lay prostrate and bleeding, his attackers fled with electronic appliances in his bakkie, which was later found abandoned near Ladysmith.

Call to wife
    Clutching his bleeding gunshot wound, Green called his wife, Ruth, who was on holiday at the coast and who raised the alarm.

After he slipped into unconsciousness, a team of medics from Nsele Ambulance Services, Netcare911 and Emergency Medical Services tried desperately to resuscitate him for nearly two hours before he was declared dead on the lounge floor of his farmhouse.
    Seven years ago, his cousin David Green was also slain in a farm attack at Estcourt.

On Monday, yellow police cordon tape fluttered in the hot breeze, stark against the house’s ivy-clad walls.

Bloodstains stretched from Green’s bedroom through a passage and into his lounge, showing the path he struggled along to where he finally collapsed.

'His voice sounded panicked'
    Ruth recounted the frantic minutes after she was roused by a call from her husband.
    “I got a call from our guard and it took a while to make out what he was trying to say. When he gave the phone to Malcolm, he told me that he had been shot and asked me to call the police,” she said.

After Green raised the alarm, she called her husband back.
    “The second time I phoned him, his voice sounded panicked and it sounded like he was starting to lose his grip. I was frantic after I heard the tenor of his voice and I started to get anxious. I had no idea where he had been shot or how bad it was until after he was gone,” she said.

“We still don’t know how things unfolded. My son, Stafford, arrived and was trying to stop the bleeding before the paramedics arrived. He just lost too much blood.

“We have a guard here because there has been so much theft, but that is the case with any farm; speak to any of our neighbours and they will tell you.

“He was so special to me. He wrote children’s stories for his grandchildren,” she said amid tears.
    “I want the death penalty for those who did this, if I am speaking honestly.”

The couple had been married for 45 years.

Green was born in Estcourt and was well known in the farming community.

'Farmers under threat'
    Oxsons Security head Hayden Smith was one of the first at the scene.
    “I rushed out there after I got a call from Ruth, saying her husband had been shot.

“When I got there, Malcolm was lying on his back in the lounge, holding his wound. He was able to talk and he told me that four guys had come onto the farm, but they had already fled in his bakkie,” he said.
    “I called my contacts in the dog unit in Ladysmith, and got the ambulances and everything on their way when Malcolm’s son arrived and started speaking to him.

“The car had a tracker unit and at 09:00 we found it in Ezakheni township near Ladysmith,” Smith said.

“Farmers are under threat and the crime situation is concerning. Malcolm had been renovating one of the farm houses and they repeatedly had copper stolen; that is how I came to know him,” he said.

Community Safety and Liaison MEC Willies Mchunu condemned the killing.

“I am deeply shocked by this farm killing incident. Such incidents should be strongly condemned. I am assured that members of the police are working around the clock to ensure that those who are responsible for this cold-blooded murder are brought to book as soon as possible,” he said.

Police spokesperson Captain Thulani Zwane said no arrests had yet been made.

Culprits often known to farmers
    Koos Marais of the KwaZulu-Natal Agricultural Union’s security desk said he believes that farmers are murdered when the perpetrator is known to them.

“In the last 30-odd farm murders, there has been an arrest in each case because the culprits are known. KwaNalu calls on the MEC for Community Safety and Liaison to urgently attend to the safety of farmers. We can’t afford to lose our food producers and with every murder there is a real risk of job losses.”

He said it was notable that Green was alone on the farm at the time of his murder and that his wife was away.

“We call on farmers to step up their security around their homes.”
    Marais said KwaNalu was concerned about the murder despite increased policing over the festive season. “We are also concerned about the general lack of policing in rural areas. We understand there are several leads and we are confident there will be arrests soon.”

'We are all victims'
    Farmer Mdu Mlangeni, one of Malcolm Green’s neighbours, echoed the sentiment that local farmers were under threat.

“Malcolm was an amazing man and what has happened is terrible. I still can’t believe it,” he said.

“When things like this happen, they tend to be politicised along the lines of race, but the truth is we are all under threat as farmers.

“I live on my own and I know what it is like to be isolated. I had to fire one of my workers, and now I will look over my shoulder waiting for him to come and exact revenge. When my dogs are poisoned, I know that he will be coming for me. It’s not about black on white violence; we are all victims,” Mlangeni said.

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Cuts close to home this one does. RIP.

User

I met Malcolm in the early 90's when I was still in the Parks Board. Very kind and decent man. R.I.P Malcolm and condolences to his family.
    For the first time in my life I am really considering giving up my farm to a group land claim that we have been fighting for 12 years.

User

Man killed, wife assaulted in Gauteng farm attack

Johannesburg - Gauteng police said on Saturday that no arrests have been made after a farm attack on a couple in Lindley, near Muldersdrift.

Lieutenant Colonel Lungelo Dlamini said investigations into the murder and assault of an elderly man, the assault of his wife and robbery of their house continued.

"I can't anymore," were the last words Charles Henderson, 61, said to his wife Jenna, 60, before he died, Netwerk24 reported on Saturday.

The couple were tied with their backs to each other after men stormed their house on Thursday night after 23:00.

Attacked with shovel and brick

Beeld reported that Henderson heard the dog barking outside and when he went to investigate he was attacked with a shovel and a brick.

Jenna Henderson struggled for three hours after her husband died to get loose.

Their son-in-law Paul Orffer said Charles Henderson lost a lot of blood and died for R600, cellphones, a TV, DVD player and an iPad.

Orffer said his father-in-law was hit over the head with a brick a couple of metres from the kitchen door and dragged inside, while his mother-in-law was kicked in the head and hit.

He said a man was arrested after being traced with the iPad, but Dlamini denied anyone had been arrested.

SAPA

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfri...ttack-20150110

User

According to Drift Reaction they did get some of the guys.

User

https://www.afriforum.co.za/drie-pla...de-op-een-dag/

Twee plaasaanvalle waartydens drie moorde gepleeg is het vandag in Theunissen en Bainsvlei in die Vrystaat plaasgevind.

Die burgerregte-organisasie AfriForum het vandag opnuut ’n beroep op die president gedoen om in te gryp om die plaasmoordkrisis in Suid-Afrika tot nasionale prioriteit te verhef.

“Dit beteken dat daar nou al sewe plaasmoorde sedert die begin van die jaar gepleeg is,” het Ernst Roets, adjunk- uitvoerende hoof van AfriForum, gesę. “Dit is meer as een plaasmoord elke twee dae. As hierdie tendens ’n aanduiding vir die tempo van plaasmoorde in 2015 gaan wees, beteken dit dat daar in hierdie jaar meer as 200 plaasmoorde sal wees.”

“Die hartseer is dat die president die afgelope naweek twee keer ’n beroep op boere gedoen het om die lewenstoestande van plaaswerkers te verbeter. Terselfdertyd word geen woord gerep oor die duisende boere wat in die afgelope jare vermoor is nie,” het Roets bygevoeg.
    Besonderhede oor die plaasmoorde wat sedert die begin van die jaar gepleeg is, is soos volg:

Datum Plek Besonderhede
    1 Januarie Sasolburg, Vrystaat Boer in bolyf geskiet toe hy ondersoek ingestel het nadat indringers vermoed is.
    5 Januarie Estcourt, KwaZulu-Natal Boer in die maag geskiet. Bakkie, selfoon en skootrekenaar is gesteel.
    5 Januarie Lephalale, Limpopo Plaasvrou gevind met draad om haar nek, verwurg. Twee selfone en bakkie is gesteel.
    8 Januarie Muldersdrift, Gauteng Boer en sy vrou aan mekaar vasgebind. Man is met ’n baksteen en ’n graaf aangerand totdat hy aan sy beserings beswyk het. Sy vrou het oorleef.
    12 Januarie Theunissen, Vrystaat Plaashuis aan die brand gesteek, met vrou se liggaam daarbinne. Hilux bakkie en vuurwapen gesteel.
    12 Januarie Bainsvlei, Vrystaat Egpaar op plaas vermoor.

– AfriForum en die landbou-unie TLU SA sal eerskomende Donderdag, op 15 Januarie, ’n gesamentlike mediakonferensie in Centurion aanbied, waartydens die statistieke oor plaasaanvalle en –moorde wat in 2014 gepleeg is, bekendgestel sal word.

Hierdie aanvalle sal onder meer op ’n landkaart aangestip word en die mees kwesbare areas sal uitgelig word. ’n Aksieplan sal ook by die geleentheid bekendgemaak word.
    Last edited by curious george; 12-01-2015 at 17:03.

User

http://southafricatoday.net/south-af...rs-free-state/

Three people were killed in 24 hours in two different attacks on farms in the Free State.
    A woman from Theunissen was murdered on Monday shortly after 06:00 on a farm and her farmhouse was burned down.
    Free State Agriculture said the suspects had fled with the woman’s bakkie, registration number CHL097FS.
    The suspects stole firearms from the house.
    The police were still on scene Monday afternoon with trackers and helicopters to search for the suspects.
    Tommy Esterhuyse, chairman of Free State Agriculture’s law-and-order committee said it was with shock and horror that the organization took note of the incident.
    He expressed hope that the suspects will soon be tracked down and prosecuted. The organization wants to encourage farmers once again to look after their own safety as well as to link up with security structures in their environment.
    In the second attack a man and a woman from Bloemfontein were murdered around Sunday night in a farmhouse at Bainsvlei, Bloemfontein.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast