Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Farm/Rural attacks 2015

Reminds me of the ZANLA attacks in Rhodesia

Banned

I wonder how much of the shit we're having currently can be traced back to the EFF. They're obviously behind the #XMustFall protests and "occupations" of land.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDijeaux View Post
    I wonder how much of the shit we're having currently can be traced back to the EFF. They're obviously behind the #XMustFall protests and "occupations" of land.
    I think you give them way too much credit(for now), they also hijacked/hopped onto the fees bandwagon(more succesfully than eg the DA).

Sunday evening, 25 October 2015, Welgedacht area, near Krokodilspruit Shooting range.

Armed robbery on small holding. 8 Attackers, (leader of group was white.) AK47's & Semi auto shotguns. Residents were not home and farm workers were held at gun point. Robbers used their own grinders that they brought with them, to open the security gates to the house. Vehicle stolen together with various other household goods. Robbers took the one worker with them (abducted him) and dropped him of close to Soshanguve.

There is no mention of this incident that I could find in the press. It was relayed to me by someone who visits the said shooting range from time to time, and has been confirmed by another source close to the police.

This just again shows that not all of these incidents make it into the press, in any event.

In this case in particular, the leftist media would also not be interested I guess, since this does not sell newspapers, and as to the rest of the media, perhaps it does also not fit the stereotype picture of these attacks?

What is especially disconcerting here, is the rise in these matters where the attacking teams consist of 8 - 15 members.

User

User

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    What is especially disconcerting here, is the rise in these matters where the attacking teams consist of 8 - 15 members.
    What do you do in such a situation? Unless you have a double story house and you're upstairs when shit goes down, AND you can get your hands on your big guns in time, there is absolutely no way you have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDijeaux View Post
    What do you do in such a situation? Unless you have a double story house and you're upstairs when shit goes down, AND you can get your hands on your big guns in time, there is absolutely no way you have a chance.
    It is a rather common occurrence in these matters that the predators break of the attacks as soon as they find themselves on the receiving end of high velocity lead pills coming their way. So it's a choice, to either submit to what seems to be overwhelming odds, leaving you and yours to their non - existing mercy, or to at least put up a fight, in this target rich environment.

About a year and a half ago, an elderly couple in my immediate vicinity was alerted to the presence of intruders by their parrot that acted severely disturbed. It gave the old Oom just enough time to grab a .22 revolver from somewhere in his bedroom. The intruders entered the bedroom, and let go at him, with a variety of weapons, including a shotgun loaded with slugs (leaving big holes in the plaster on the wall above his bed). As soon as he shot back with his .22 revolver, they broke off the attack and made good on their escape.

But yes, in my view the escalation of these attacks and the number of attackers involved, calls for a number of things. This includes higher levels of awareness, better training, and a re - look at early warning devices of all sorts, to name but a few.

And in my view, CFR should have a difficult time convincing a court, that a fit and proper person, should not be granted a license for a semi - auto rifle in terms of section 14 of the FCA, under these circumstances.

JoeDijeaux, there is always a chance, even against 15 guys, the chance is just less....

User

http://maroelamedia.co.za/blog/nuus/...s-plaasaanval/

Young mother beaten with a koevoet (crowbar) while protecting her baby. I cannot fathom to what extent a person must be psychotic to do such a thing.

I am not commenting on the perceived lack of security and defensive weapons as this is a news report that may not be complete.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast