Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Bass in Pretoria area

Thanks Sean. I'm actually not going to start very soon. I'm doing my research, then I'll get a friend to buy gear as well. I want an activity that we can do and take the wives and kids with for a picnic day etc, so I thought I'll start with places first.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

bass lake lodge is awesome, place is very clean and nice for the whole family with a pool for the kids and wife and the fishing is great there too. went to brook wood trout farm the other day and pulled out bout 8 bass and 1 bream, also a very nice place they have chalets there as well and very well priced

User

Sean
    I am new into fishing (only done in twice now) so thanks for this tip
    Close to us (Montana) there is a nice shop ( Xtreame fishing ), and I also received some great advice on gear etc …or they have seen me coming ( newbie and unexperienced )
    Overall, fishing not really my thing, but the kids like it, so I will also try the Bass thing as well for their sake @ Bundu Basing perhaps

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Thanks Sean. I'm actually not going to start very soon. I'm doing my research, then I'll get a friend to buy gear as well. I want an activity that we can do and take the wives and kids with for a picnic day etc, so I thought I'll start with places first.
    And so another Bass Fisherman is born....
    5 years ago that was my thoughts as well, now I've got a garage wall full of rods, reals to match each rod, plastic lures that can double Pamela Anderson's silicon size, and I don't dare mention the boat and it's electronics.

Shout if you need info / advice. I'll keep you in mind when we take the boat out again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Shout if you need info / advice. I'll keep you in mind when we take the boat out again.
    Much obliged thank you
    My son was not very happy when I said” This is like a lazy man’s hunting “ with referring to the sit and wait, ( I’m too impatient).
    I prefer walk and stalk

Whatever a father will do to make kids happy (sigh)

User

Hi Skaaphaas

You can contact Rudolf, he is a artlure angler that does charters on freshwater. He is an amazing fisherman (Springbuck) and should be able to teach you a bucket load on a couple of trips.
    Rudolph Venter his mail adress is Victor.eco.november.tango.eco.romeo.ru@gmail.com

User

We went camping at Bass Lake Lodge this past weekend.

There are two dams. One was full of water plants and the other one was a bit empty. We did not catch any bass nor did anyone else that I saw trying although there were some activity in the water.

It is a very nice venue though and the camping grounds are beautiful. We will definitely visit the place again. I am also not sure if day visitors are allowed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2