Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: .22 derimming die

Just bear in mind that 4.5mm pure lead wire is cheaper than pure lead ingots from castle lead works...

User

Thanks Grim
    I have a good supply of lead here which I would use up first. So, a wire extruder is being planned.
    I may also try a mould to cast lead slugs, if good mass consistency can be achieved. I am not after
    making match grade bullets, so a grain or two variation should not make much difference.

So, you extrude about 500 grams of lead at a time. This would be nearly 200 x 55 grain 223's.
    one extrusion session would provide enough wire for bullets to last me a few months.
    I must get to building the extruder.

User

Reviving this zombie.

Any luck with this?

User

I got my trial run working with cheap steel. Life interfered and I never got to machining the decent steel. Then, someone desperate got me to use up the decent steel to make something to keep his factory operating.
    My mechanical equipment and machinery has been upgraded as well, so next attempt will be made with a proper point forming reamer.
    Just do not have the time to spend in the workshop at present...

User

Interesting enough, this is how Speer started out....swaging .22 brass and making .224 dia jackets and bullets. Keep it up , great stuff.👏

User

Interesting enough, this is how Speer started out....swaging .22 brass and making .224 dia jackets and bullets. Keep it up , great stuff.👏

Hi guys I have also tried this but on the point seater die is for my a no go battle to get someone to make me a tool steel for the point but no luck.

Thanks Andre

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4