Default FN AMERICA WINS CONTRACT TO BUILD M240 MACHINE GUNS AND SPARE RECEIVERS FOR THE U.S.

CLEAN, Va., Jan. 8, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FN America announced today that it has received a new indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract from the Department of the Army to build M240 B, C, D and H machine guns and spare receivers for the U.S. Army.

The contract, awarded on December 9, 2014, includes four one-year ordering periods with a total value not to exceed $84.6 million.

"We are pleased that FN America has been selected to produce the M240 family of machine guns for the U.S. Army," said Mark Cherpes, FN America President and CEO. "Since 1989, FN has produced more than two million firearms for the U.S. military at our Columbia, SC manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud of the high quality and reliable firearms we build for our service men and women and look forward to continuing this tradition."

In addition to the M240 family of machine guns, FN America also produces M4/M4A1 carbines, M16 rifles, MK19 grenade machine guns, M249 SAWs and the MK46 and MK48 machine guns.

For more information about FN America or FN products, visit www.fnhusa.com or find us on Facebook at the FNH USA Facebook Fan Page.

A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=29850

"Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Default Re: FN AMERICA WINS CONTRACT TO BUILD M240 MACHINE GUNS AND SPARE RECEIVERS FOR THE U

I wonder how their M4/M4A! Carbines compare to the colt variants?

Default Re: FN AMERICA WINS CONTRACT TO BUILD M240 MACHINE GUNS AND SPARE RECEIVERS FOR THE U

Lovely stuff. Makes me all warm and fuzzy...

User

The M240 is basically an upgraded Mag 58. Still the standard.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    I wonder how their M4/M4A! Carbines compare to the colt variants?
    Not sure if serious?

The FN M4/M4A1 is the one used by the US armed forces, it is the baseline M4.

KBK

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    The M240 is basically an upgraded Mag 58. Still the standard.
    The Mag 58 is the best NATO Machine gun in the world bar none.

It is even better than the PKM, albeit 3 odd kilo's heavier.

User

Only fair as they designed it as far as I recall....

[QUOTE=Tweety;799742]The Mag 58 is the best NATO Machine gun in the world bar none. It is even better than the PKM, albeit 3 odd kilo's heavier.[/QUOTE An extremely knowledgable chap I know has spent a fair amount of time testing both and in his opinion the PKM is better.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
    The Mag 58 is the best NATO Machine gun in the world bar none. It is even better than the PKM, albeit 3 odd kilo's heavier.
    An extremely knowledgable chap I know has spent a fair amount of time testing both and in his opinion the PKM is better.
    I have never "tested" the PKM, but friends who have used it all like it. I have used the Mag 58 extensively, and it is awesome, if maintained (and cleaned) properly. The extra weight might be a burden, but the ammo weighs much more that that. Anyway, once the adrenaline starts pumping, it weighs nothing and sounds most beautiful. Is suspect the newer versions, M240 etc, are somewhat lighter?