Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: Rabbi calls on Europe to relax gun laws for Jews

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
    With respect, anti-semitism is a disease that will never be cured. So Jews might as well defend themselves.
    Amen. Fact is they are increasingly being targeted by extremists, be it muslim or neo-nazi's; they should not have to live in fear.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I find it very peculiar that a Rabbi of all people would request that one religious/cultural group be treated differently to all the others. I would think discrimination against any group would be contrary to his desires.

Call for all people of Europe to be able to defend themselves. Not just the one.
    I hear you, and I agree.

I wonder if the Rabbi wasn't just playing clever pool.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
    I think you are missing the point. The Jewish population of France is about to up and leave because the government is incapable of protecting them, them being the most picked on minority in France currently. The Rabbi is offering an alternative: give us guns so we can defend ourselves. Somehow the christian and muslim citizens of france are not in such immediate danger.
    We Should Invite them here.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I hear you, and I agree.

I wonder if the Rabbi wasn't just playing clever pool.
    I'm sure he was

Nonetheless when any group be it Jews , Muslims , Pastafarians or tall blond obnoxious people start asking for special treatment it's rarely ends well.

User

As a side note GFSA should be worried that a Rabbi is actually asking for guns to be used as self defense.

User

Something still puzzles me. I asked about EDC in Israel and somebody pointed out that the stance on EDC is that it is very difficult to get a permit, it seems much worse than here. I somehow was always under the impression that what happened in Paris could not easily happen in Israel, as almost all adults are trained and EDC. The reason being that Israel is always under threat and in and out of wars and terrorism is a daily reality. That was then a wrong impression. Firstly, why would the government have such a strict stance against EDC, given the circumstances, it just does not make sense. Secondly, it seems that terrorist attacks like the one in France does not readily happen in Israel. Are there enough soldiers or police around - armed obviously - that the govt feels that EDC all around is not necessary? After all the positive stories about the kibbutzes and a nation standing together ready to defend itself to the bitter end it seems to me that the govt is - well betraying- for lack of a better word- its own people.

User

Quote Originally Posted by drie57 View Post
    Something still puzzles me. I asked about EDC in Israel and somebody pointed out that the stance on EDC is that it is very difficult to get a permit, it seems much worse than here. I somehow was always under the impression that what happened in Paris could not easily happen in Israel, as almost all adults are trained and EDC. The reason being that Israel is always under threat and in and out of wars and terrorism is a daily reality. That was then a wrong impression. Firstly, why would the government have such a strict stance against EDC, given the circumstances, it just does not make sense. Secondly, it seems that terrorist attacks like the one in France does not readily happen in Israel. Are there enough soldiers or police around - armed obviously - that the govt feels that EDC all around is not necessary? After all the positive stories about the kibbutzes and a nation standing together ready to defend itself to the bitter end it seems to me that the govt is - well betraying- for lack of a better word- its own people.
    1) Israeli intelligence is very effective and thwarts many attacks2) Plenty of armed cops and soldiers around3) Still plenty of attacks happen. But the government has nanny state attitude to guns.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5