Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

I think not taking advantage of this oppertunity to renew would be a huge gamble. Not one I would be prepared to take.

User

But as I unserstand it old licences remain valid until the court decides whats what? This according to the Gunsite ad in the paper too (don't have to hand in guns). My dad has renewed everything, but is still holding onto a .22lr semi-auto rifle that cannot be renewed unless he becomes dedicated.

User

No you won't have to hand in until the court case. But if things go pear shaped then you will have to get rid of your in renewed guns. If you had a friendly gun shop you could hand them to them and start over but will be sans guns until the new licenses.

If you apply now you can keep them till they decide on your licenses.

Thanks for the replies. Problem is one has to hand in certified copies of old green licences with the new appliaction. Mine were stolen together with my ID document. Means I will 1st have to get duplicates of old green licences before I can apply for new licences. I seriously doubt whether I could get the duplicates before April 11.

As it stands, all amnesty applications are new applications and not renewals. Would give me some peace of mind if say, 1 million old green licences have not been renewed or surrendered. Chances are that there may be a further period of amnesty.

User

You do not have to hand in a copy of your old licence. I did mine in January and they did not even ask to see the old licence.

User

Hi Craig, my grandmother died a few years ago, and left gun. Now, my mother is the person responsible for handling the will, and has this gun in her possession. It wasn't specified who the gun should go to, but they're suggesting I take it. Can I still licence the weapon in my name? What is the procedure? I've never had a gun on my name, totally new to this. please help!

User

Hi gents

Here is a question I have.

I never got round to renewing my llicense for a firearm in due time. I then transferred the rifle to my wife, and she applied for the license last year before 30 june 2009.

But currently, my green card is still legal, until such time her application is approved.

What if I changed my mind, and would like to keep my rifle registered in my name. Do I have to renew my license even though my wife already applied for license on the same rifle? And do I have to do it before april 11th?

Tx

User

Good Morning all in the know.

I work out of country for extended periods of time, when i get back from this tour i will be dragging my wife and my self to do our hand gun comps and then join a tactical shooting range which would be the part for the motivational letter. The reason i want my wife to come with is as said befor i am out the country for extended time.

But there is some thing more, my old man moved ti the USA 5 years ago and has a *9mm in a friends safe which has not been renewed. what would i have to do to get a fire arm on my name for Tac shooting and the *9mm as i don't want my old man to get into crap or the friend for keeping it.

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2