Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry GUN FREE SOUTH AFRICA PRESS RELEASE

Just in-case you missed it!

Press Release

11 January 2010 For immediate release

GUN FREE SOUTH AFRICA SUPPORTS GUN AMNESTY

Gun Free South Africa welcomes and fully supports the gun amnesty that will run from 11 January – 11 April 2010. GFSA appeals to anyone in possession of a gun to take advantage of this amnesty, hand in their guns and in so doing contribute to a safer South Africa.
    This amnesty is a good opportunity for the unarmed majority (98% of the South African population) to make their voices heard and call for a gun free society.
    In the run up to the 2010 Soccer World Cup the eyes of the world are on South Africa and this amnesty provides an important opportunity for South Africans to hand in guns thereby saying yes to peace and security and no to crime and fear. The less guns there are in circulation the less gun violence there will be and the closer South Africa will be to a free and peaceful nation.
    The amnesty allows for anyone in possession of a gun and/or ammunition to hand these in at their local police station. When handing in the gun the person will be required to complete an amnesty form and will then be issued a receipt. The receipt will ensure that the firearm can be tracked right up until its final destruction which will occur no later than six months after the conclusion of the cut off date of 11 April 2010.
    GFSA also appeals to anyone with knowledge of illegal guns in their communities to report the whereabouts of these guns to the National Firearms Call Centre 012 353 6111.
    GFSA will be part of a multi-sectoral monitoring team that will track the progress of the amnesty and assist in ensuring transparency and accountability.

Any enquiries regarding the amnesty and the process for handing in firearms can be directed to:
    Natalie Jaynes – 082 962 7504 or natalie@gfsa.org.za
    Pamela Crowsley – 0833081422 or pam@gfsa.org.za

Full details regarding the amnesty can be accessed at all local police stations or via the SAPS website – www.saps.gov.za.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    GFSA will be part of a multi-sectoral monitoring team that will track the progress of the amnesty and assist in ensuring transparency and accountability
    And they have how many thousand members???? Maybe we should have insisted on some representation from GunSite
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

"GFSA appeals to anyone in possession of a gun to take advantage of this amnesty, hand in their guns and in so doing contribute to a safer South Africa"

What a laugh - Do they honestly think that the thousands of AK-47 toting criminals are going to comply?

Not to mention the highly organised crime syndicates dealing in sales and trafficking of weapons on a huge scale - in and out of the country.

Banned

"the unarmed majority (98% of the South African population)"

That is an interesting statistic, I have not noticed that before. Does that mean that they think that 2% of the population, who are armed, are responsible for all the criminal mayhem that is going on?

They are weird.

I reckon the gunsite posse should step up & email, sms the above GFSA numbers. Lets see how small 2% really is!
    Keep it clean, keep it cool NO ABUSE. We must come across as reasonable. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY REASON TO CONFIRM THEIR STEREOTYPES OF US!

Lets Roll!
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

I agree with Camo on this in fact go and make all of these excellent points to them! maybe even cc a media e mail address!
    Frank, agreed and we need to discuss!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

WTF ! ?

Maybe we should engage them in a debate on Firearms and have it broadcast on National TV.

i have a camera crew that would be interested in something like this....

then we can oust them for the liars they are and make the general public aware of their tactics

We should have an email list of all media / press related contacts (even political groups etc) so that any emails that we send can be cc to them. This will increase our publicity on the subject aswell. A much more informed statement can be made by media relation personel of any group/party after reviewing our point of view on a particular subject, and not only GFSA or the gun free community. They send their statements to all, we should do it aswell.

You can only fight a battle if both are at the same place. That means our statements should be were their statements is.

DO anyone have such contact details & information readily available?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    We should have an email list of all media / press related contacts (even political groups etc) so that any emails that we send can be cc to them. This will increase our publicity on the subject aswell. A much more informed statement can be made by media relation personel of any group/party after reviewing our point of view on a particular subject, and not only GFSA or the gun free community. They send their statements to all, we should do it aswell.

You can only fight a battle if both are at the same place. That means our statements should be were their statements is.

whilst not all we do have a thread with a good amount of these contact details Tommie
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    Use the one here: http://gunownerssa.org/forum/
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast