Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LIGHTWEIGHT 375

Default Re: LIGHTWEIGHT 375

Quote Originally Posted by Koekie Monster View Post
    The balance of the rifle was however much better and after around 50 shots the recoil became a brease. I think the barral was not shot in properly as it should have been.
    Nope, I think you got shot in .
    One too many wasted sunsets and one too many for the road .........

User

This might be true.... The first 20 rounds made me hurt days later in place I did not know I had places.

Interestring that you say its the most comfortable 375 you have.When we were hunting last year, a friend of mine used the farmers old sako fullstock 375 wich was also quite a light little rifle and said afterwards that my big cz safari was definitely more unpleasant to shoot, and I have a straight stock cz.
    Why do you want to sell the brownbear then?

User

Quote Originally Posted by tigershark View Post
    Interestring that you say its the most comfortable 375 you have.Last year when we whent hunting a friend of mine used the farmers old sako fullstock 375 wich was also quite a light little rifle and said afterwards that my big cz safari was definitely more unpleasant to shoot, and I have a straight stock cz.
    Why do you want to sell the brownbear then?
    I have a few 375's and unfortunately the Sako has become a safe queen, I enjoy the bigger calibers 416,404 and others and have a new rifle on order, so I am wanting to put the money into the new rifle. I am still not sure if I am doing the correct thing by selling the rifle but I can not justify purchasing another rifle until I have sold one and the Sako is the most unused .

Has anyone here shot the sauer 202 375.It comes in at around 3.7 kg wich is a nice balanced weight for a 375.Just wonder if that stock wont crack where it screws onto the action?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Load development only. I must confess that on the bench I do pop the silencer on, in the early days of the rifle when I was battling with the bedding etc. etc. I was shooting up to 35 rounds at a range session. I then take it off to get my Zero as I do not hunt with the silencer.

When shooting in the standing position my front knee is in a slightly bent position and I "lean into" the rifle. This position allows the body to gently rock back with the recoil, much like a shock absorber, this reduces felt recoil significantly.

On my Sako, with scope on, 1lbs of additional weight on the rifle reduces the recoil by 4ft.lbs. From 39.8 to 35.8ft.lbs. or 11%. All the internet articles warned of the Sako's recoil being excessive due to the weight ans I was concerned in the beginning, for no reason it turned out.

When buying I looked at the CZ550 in .375 but hated the bulge around the action, it simply did not feel or look right. The CZ weighs 4.2kg un-scoped and without ammo. The Sako weighs 3.6kg so comparing the two as un-scoped rifles with my 300gr. Accubond load at 2 500fps then the Sako would have 44.7ft.lbs of recoil and the CZ 38.3ft.lbs which is significant.

I would prefer to walk with the Sako due to the carry weight and it also feels like a "normal" rifle having a slimmer stock profile.
    Andrew
    The shooting position you mentioned is a classical position used when shooting the big/heavy recoil calibers...it really makes a huge difference to eliminate most of the recoil...a straight stock makes a huge difference as well when recoil comes into play...shooting heavy recoil calibers frequently really gets you accustom to recoil...the more you practice the less recoil affects you...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3