Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default 3 Gun Nation South African Association

As mentioned on the video thread here is info on 3 Gun Nation.

3GN SA Association is the official affiliate and partner to 3 Gun Nation to grow the sport of 3GN in SA.
    We are currently busy with our CFR accreditation process as well as working to promote and grow the club series in SA. We are happy to assist any region or club that would like to participate in the 3GN club series.

FBSSC was the first SA club to join the Club Series. In 2014 we hosted 9 club series matches,shot 23 classifiers and thus met the club series requirements (6 classifiers for the year)which resulted in either a 308 DPMS or Bushmaster AR15 being donated by Remington to qualifying clubs for a prize. Each time a member participated in a club series match he/she got a ticket for the draw,the more you shoot the more chances you get to win.

Our AR is currently being prepared by Remington to be shipped to our FFL in the States. As soon as it arrives here, we will be drawing for the prize. (My wife has already told me to forget about any chances I think I have of winning ,as Alessandro will win it)

Also all the classifier results go up on the 3GN website for the club series log with all divisions accounted for. Thus you can see where you place compared to international members including the semi- pros and Pros.
    FBSSC did very well with 3 top 10 places in Tactical Irons and a top 10 place in Heavy Metal Irons for 2014.

Also club leaders in their respective divisions get an invite to the Pro series qualifier held each year.This year the Pro Series qualifier is included in the first ever 3GN Nationals held in Tulsa,OK , USA . All club leaders will qualify for that match as well.

A typical club series match for FBSSC consists of 5-6 stages including 2 classifiers, round count of 60 Rifle,55 Shotgun & 60 Handgun. Stages are made up mostly using all 3 firearms, with a high round rifle stage with offhand shots, high round shotgun stage, optional firearm choice stage and classifiers,normally a Finale type classifier with a quick classifier.(All classifier stage info and setup is on the 3GN website to view.)
    The only thing governing a club series match is to include the minimum of 1 classifier, otherwise number of stages and round count is up to your club. FBSSC finds this is ideal for the ratio of time on the range/money spent on ammo and frequency of matches.

for the 2015 Club series, FBSSC is hosting 12 Club series matches which includes two 2 day Nationals in May and November.
    This year's club series at FBSSC will again qualify for a Remington donated AR from 3GN as well as local sponsor, False Bay Firearm Academy which is donating a Norinco AR for year end prize as well. We are busy with other sponsors to secure further year end prizes as well as National prizes.

All info regarding rules, registering as a member and other info is on www.3gunnation.com
    Enquiries regarding local start up and sponsorship can be directed to info@3gunnation.co.za

User

Default Re: 3 Gun Nation South African Association

Thanks False Bay Firearm Academy!

Looking forward to this year of 3GN

User

Nice.

Not only a good piece of hardware to entice people but the sport looks hella fun.

KBK

Will you be your own governing body or do you fall under say IPSC, IDPA, ect.?

Edit: I see on the other thread you are sepperate.
    What are fees for being associated to 3GNSAA?

User

Can someone please get this going in Pretoria - Ross? and/or Premier?

If this weekend was anything to go by, it's going to be an AWESOME 3GN year !!!
    ...Thanks guys for a great match this last weekend, it was a BLAST !

User

Quote Originally Posted by PistolBoy View Post

Edit: I see on the other thread you are sepperate.
    What are fees for being associated to 3GNSAA?
    This falls under its own governing body.

More information will be sent/posted in due time

User

Maybe one day i will be able to play with the big kids.....

This is the first time i can happily say anything gun related CT is the best place to be.

Thanks Craig, pdh and others for making it happen.

User

Quote Originally Posted by PistolBoy View Post
    3 Gun Nation is not affiliated to IPSC,IDPA or any other international body. Own sport,own rules. We are affiliated to 3GN and thus abide by their rules and regs.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Can someone please get this going in Pretoria - Ross? and/or Premier?
    Nico from Numenor is keen to get it going at Premier, he spoke to me at DMG Nationals. With the interest shown I'm sure he can be convinced to get it going.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast