Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    User

Default Re: Is it still a viable option to join the SAPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_7 View Post
    Howzit guys.

Sorry I have not been online in ages, just been really busy with work and life.

I applied for the SAPS and was short listed, then went and wrote the psychometric test and waited about 2-3 weeks, I then got an SMS saying that I had failed the test?

Like Emul8, I have no idea how I would have failed because I found the test to be pretty easy.

I am pretty bummed about the whole thing but I guess I will have to try again some other time, or just move on.

@ EmuL8...I am sorry you "failed" the test as well, I dont know what is going on with the SAPS recruiting?

Are you going to try again or move on?
    I am moving on, kept my wife in suspense for far too long. Wrote multiple test this year and "failed" all of them.
    Next objective now is reservists (also applied for that in the beginning of the year). This way I will be able to live very comfortable with an IT salary and still do some police work after hours.

I lost a great big deal of respect for the system the moment I received that sms, but will still try and make a difference in my area with reservist work if everything permits.

User

Default Re: Is it still a viable option to join the SAPS?

Quote Originally Posted by EmuL8 View Post
    I am moving on, kept my wife in suspense for far too long. Wrote multiple test this year and "failed" all of them.
    Next objective now is reservists (also applied for that in the beginning of the year). This way I will be able to live very comfortable with an IT salary and still do some police work after hours.

I lost a great big deal of respect for the system the moment I received that sms, but will still try and make a difference in my area with reservist work if everything permits.
    I think I am also going to move on hey, I am happy where I am working at the moment but I think I will also try do the reservist thing.
    The only thing with that might hinder me is that I work for a security company and am registered with PSIRA, do you think that will affect my reservist application if I apply?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_7 View Post
    I think I am also going to move on hey, I am happy where I am working at the moment but I think I will also try do the reservist thing.
    The only thing with that might hinder me is that I work for a security company and am registered with PSIRA, do you think that will affect my reservist application if I apply?
    Unfortunately there is a standing order preventing people who work in the Security Industry from being a Reservist.
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13