Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default dedicated hunting exam with SA hunters

Hi All,

I am preparing to write my dedicated hunting exam with SA hunters in the eastern cape however i would like to know if any of you guys had written with SA hunters and could you give me some tips as to what to expect in the dedicated hunting exam? I really want to my get dedicated status and not fail .Is the exam monkey puzzle or is it full blown university type questions where they trying to catch you out?

Also why does SA hunters insist on closed book exams when other associations have an open book exam?

Thanks

Default Re: dedicated hunting exam with SA hunters

Sorry for the grammer mistakes if i made any...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_1984 View Post
    Hi All,

I am preparing to write my dedicated hunting exam with SA hunters in the eastern cape however i would like to know if any of you guys had written with SA hunters and could you give me some tips as to what to expect in the dedicated hunting exam? I really want to my get dedicated status and not fail .

Thanks
    Expect to be tested on your knowledge of the study material. Master it and you'll be fine.

User

The test is really not that bad. Many of the questions are rather straight-forward and can be answered intuitively. As Jacko said, just make yourself familiar with the material and you will be fine

Banned

Getting the facts into memory helps for the future when questions about the Firearms Act, first aid, navigation, firearms (calibers), species identification etc come up in conversation. You need 70% to pass and that is not very difficult. If you are attentive during the presentations you are well on your way to a pass.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_1984 View Post
    Hi All,

I am preparing to write my dedicated hunting exam with SA hunters in the eastern cape however i would like to know if any of you guys had written with SA hunters and could you give me some tips as to what to expect in the dedicated hunting exam? I really want to my get dedicated status and not fail .Is the exam monkey puzzle or is it full blown university type questions where they trying to catch you out?

Also why does SA hunters insist on closed book exams when other associations have an open book exam?

Thanks
    This is to ensure that you absorb and understand the material, so that the knowledge gained becomes part of you during the rest of your hunting life, and not do the exam just to get your dedicated status and forget about the ethics, rules etc. afterwards.

The presentation,is this given on the day of the exam? So no monkey puzzle then?

If i wanted to purchase a semi automatic FN SCAR 17s,would i be able to do this with a dedicated hunting status?

The presentation,is this given on the day of the exam? So no monkey puzzle then?

If i wanted to purchase a semi automatic FN SCAR 17s,would i be able to do this with a dedicated hunting status?

User

Know your animal tracks and how to measure different types of horns. Also ensure you know the parts about the endangered species and you should be fine.

Banned

Species identification, the major laws and institutes, a little about survival and general bush behaviour.

One question I remember was on the use of a semi-auto shotgun when hunting?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast