Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: Johannesburg Steel Challenge dates

Quote Originally Posted by Pivo View Post
    What time is registration?
    What time does it start?
    We open the registration as soon as the ranges have been setup which is generally around 8:15 - 8:30.
    Once you are registered you can start shooting.

Round count for the day ?

User

Do you have to be a member of a certain association or belong to a certain club to participate?

What holsters will be GTG for this type shoot?

What is the cost involved?

Will it only be a shoot with handguns?

User

Rules can be found here...

http://www.steelchallenge.co.za/inde...d=49&Itemid=57

HOLSTERS
    Holsters shall be mounted in the general vicinity of the waist and must retain the gun.
    IDPA categories must abide by the IDPA criteria, to include IDPA approved holsters and holster position. Triggers may not be fully exposed with the exception of western holsters for Single Action revolvers. (Rimfire competition does not involve the use of a holster.)
    @Steel Challenge folks - it would help if things were laid out a bit clearer on your website. Perhaps have different pages for equipment, categories etc.

User

Fee = R100

Round count = 8 stages X 5 plates X 5 repeats = Minimum 200 rounds if you don't ever miss. I used more than 300 rounds on my first outing ! Only your best four strings count towards your total score. Maximum time for a string is 30 seconds. If you mess it up by missing A LOT, or have a malfunction, just stop shooting and you will "earn" 30 seconds for that string, hopefully your other 4 strings on that stage are good and this becomes your discard string.

I use my normal IDPA legal OWB belt holster. I don't know if the rules specify allowable holsters or not. Check the website.

I also normally have 5 mags - 4 on the belt, one in the pocket to load for the first string. Fill them to capacity, so 17 rounds each. You shouldn't have to reload during a string, but it happens when one starts missing, then suddenly the 9 rounds you had in your mag when you started a string runs out !

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    Fee = R100

Round count = 8 stages X 5 plates X 5 repeats = Minimum 200 rounds if you don't ever miss. I used more than 300 rounds on my first outing ! Only your best four strings count towards your total score. Maximum time for a string is 30 seconds. If you mess it up by missing A LOT, or have a malfunction, just stop shooting and you will "earn" 30 seconds for that string, hopefully your other 4 strings on that stage are good and this becomes your discard string.

I use my normal IDPA legal OWB belt holster. I don't know if the rules specify allowable holsters or not. Check the website.

I also normally have 5 mags - 4 on the belt, one in the pocket to load for the first string. Fill them to capacity, so 17 rounds each. You shouldn't have to reload during a string, but it happens when one starts missing, then suddenly the 9 rounds you had in your mag when you started a string runs out !
    Thank you, do you have to belong to any association or club to be allowed to shoot?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Black-ops View Post
    Thank you, do you have to belong to any association or club to be allowed to shoot?
    Not as far as I know. See if their website mentions anything.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    Not as far as I know. See if their website mentions anything.
    Thank you.

I did read through the rules and did not see anything mentioned there. There was allot of referrals to IDPA hence the question. I thought you had to be affiliated to such an organisation to be allowed to partake.

Will call to clarify.

No you do not.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Thanks for the info.
    Is there a SLR/MSR in .22 LR division? I see only handgun related info, but a colleague of mine told me about the SLR in .22 steel challenge competition.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast