Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Farmer arrested for shooting warning shot

I agree that he should have laid a charge. And I don't want to stir trouble, but if they send 20 armend police officers to arrest the one farmer, it should tell you a little about the Police/Farmer relationship of that area. Maybe the police in that area aren't very fond of a certain type of people.

Just trying to put things a bit more into perspective.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    :)

Being rewarded for slapgatheid with an arrest is probably a sure-fire cure. He probably won't do it again.
    that's if he even able to "next time", if they dont suspend/scrap his competencies somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    I agree that he should have laid a charge. And I don't want to stir trouble, but if they send 20 armend police officers to arrest the one farmer, it should tell you a little about the Police/Farmer relationship of that area. Maybe the police in that area aren't very fond of a certain type of people.

they made that pretty obvious :P

User

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    My take on this, and it is just a theory. What would you do as station commander? The person was at a meeting-so other people present. One junior constable rock up to take the person in for questioning. The situation goes south very quickly, with a few of the heavies telling the copper were he can shove his warrant. Pepper spray and a few empty shells later the Lichtenburg scenario or worse is repeated. Show of force is sometimes better.

I have never been in a situation. I would not like having 20 "heavily" armed SAPS on my door step.
    I wish SAPS can show the same force when dealing with the fnutters on the N4!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfever View Post
    My take on this, and it is just a theory. What would you do as station commander? The person was at a meeting-so other people present. One junior constable rock up to take the person in for questioning. The situation goes south very quickly, with a few of the heavies telling the copper were he can shove his warrant. Pepper spray and a few empty shells later the Lichtenburg scenario or worse is repeated. Show of force is sometimes better.

I have never been in a situation. I would not like having 20 "heavily" armed SAPS on my door step.
    I wish SAPS can show the same force when dealing with the fnutters on the N4!
    I would also like to know what the newspaper defines as being "heavily armed"? It is one of those weasel-wordy type phrases that can really be twisted into anything. From the station commander's perspective, it would very much depend on what the farmer was accused of. If they told the police that some crazy farmer with lots of guns started shooting at them, how else would the police react?

The farmer wasn't denied bail. He wasn't beaten-up or mistreated according to the article. Arresting him seems a little extreme, but it wasn't as if they had the other side of the story to go on, now did they?

User

Ficksburg area.

Now phone those same officers and tell them that your lesotho regulars are stealing your livestock again, in fact your livelihood, and see if they send 20 people? No you will get "no petrol", "no vehicles avail", "no staff", no nothing.

In fact the only way of probably getting someone to do something is to phone police and tell them you are going to shoot at some of them, then they'll be there in seconds.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Ficksburg area.

Now phone those same officers and tell them that your lesotho regulars are stealing your livestock again, in fact your livelihood, and see if they send 20 people? No you will get "no petrol", "no vehicles avail", "no staff", no nothing.

In fact the only way of probably getting someone to do something is to phone police and tell them you are going to shoot at some of them, then they'll be there in seconds.
    Ops normal then?

User

Ops normal then?
    Correct

But there is no need for us to candy coat the scenario.

This is nothing more than some bloody murdering racist white supremacist boer afrikaaner farmer that tried to kill the complainants comrades when all they did was trying to give him a hug, any weapons they carried was for traditional dressing display only.

If people don't like the flavor of that last post don't comment yet, go live on that border for a month, then come back and comment if there is anything left to say.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Ficksburg area.

Exactly, and that's why the farmer probably didn't even bother reporting it.

User

Underlines the importance of being the first to report a crime and lay a charge. If you shoot at people, and don't report it, you may be up shit creek looking for where you put that darned paddle.
    Is this IR number the same as a case number?

User

Sorry, meant to quote Johns post.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast