Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Power Bank

User

Default Re: Power Bank

I got a chance to use my new power bank yesterday.

It works great. I charged my smartphone and then i had to charge my DSTV Walka becuase Eskom was doing what they do best. I like the fact that when your device is fully charged the power bank switches itself off.

The 20 800mah is a bit bigger than the 10 000mah, but it isnt too bulky to take along with you whereever you go. It also has over discharge protection, overcharge protection, over power protection, over current protection, over voltage protection and short circuit protection and is fitted with Samsung batteries.

It comes with 1 x Micro USB port and 2 x USB ports.

So far i am happy with the power bank and can recommend getting one. It also means i'm not stuck waiting for my phone to finish charging before i can go somewhere or having a flat phone on the range anymore or anywhere else for that matter.

http://www.romoss.com/proview.php?ID=11

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    I got a chance to use my new power bank yesterday.

It works great. I charged my smartphone and then i had to charge my DSTV Walka becuase Eskom was doing what they do best. I like the fact that when your device is fully charged the power bank switches itself off.

The 20 800mah is a bit bigger than the 10 000mah, but it isnt too bulky to take along with you whereever you go. It also has over discharge protection, overcharge protection, over power protection, over current protection, over voltage protection and short circuit protection and is fitted with Samsung batteries.

It comes with 1 x Micro USB port and 2 x USB ports.

So far i am happy with the power bank and can recommend getting one. It also means i'm not stuck waiting for my phone to finish charging before i can go somewhere or having a flat phone on the range anymore or anywhere else for that matter.

http://www.romoss.com/proview.php?ID=11
    Hi,where did you buy it from?

User

Quote Originally Posted by AirKing View Post
    Hi,where did you buy it from?
    http://www.takealot.com/romoss-saili...b/PLID34145483

Try a Waka Waka. They're available at Outdoor Warehouse. Has a built in light available with 4 settings as well as SOS, can be solar charged and charges my iPhone 6

User

Default Power Bank

Wow, 20800 mAh is massive. That would recharge my iPhone 13 times.
    My Powermonkey is a measly 2200 mAh and my iPhone capacity is 1560 mAh. I do have a solar charger, but that is also quite feeble with max 200 mA output. Admittedly I did get it for use in the mountains, but I didn't realise it was such low-spec.
    Thanks for presenting these options for urban use.

Edit : just read the waka waka specs. Also only 2200 mAh, so exactly like my Powermonkey, but it has a light. Also low re-charging rate from the solar panel : 1050 mW = 210 mA at 5V. Also suited to mountain/hiking use.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuf View Post
    Wow, 20800 mAh is massive. That would recharge my iPhone 13 times.
    Be careful with these batteries specs. They are manipulated by the marketing departments. They normally quote the capacity of the internal battery which is typically a single cell lithium battery which had a nominal voltage of 3.7v. But to charge your phone they need to boost this to 5v. So if it provides 1000mah at 5v it will draw 1351mah from its internal battery (assuming perfect efficiency).

I have a rather large energiser power source that is 18000mah and has 5v,12v and 19v outputs so it can power a laptop, but it will only charge my laptop battery (4000mah) about 80% since 18000mah at 3.7v is only 3500mah at 19v.

User

Cool, thanks for pointing that out. So, 20,800 mAh at 3.7V corresponds to 15,392 mAh at 5V. So, about 9.9 charges for my iPhone at 100% efficiency. That probably makes my Powermonkey even more feeble unless they were quoting that at the 5V level. I'm the wrong kind of engineer to work it out from their spec sheet !

The bustards, quoting a charge capacity at the lower voltage !

User

Thats all greek to me. So far i have charged my smart phone twice and my DSTV Walka once and the power bank shows 50% remaining.

I have seen other 10 000mah power banks advertised for over R600. The Takealot.com prices are the best i've found so far.

I'm a fan.

User

Guys Check Out The Powerbank that Autostyle is selling... allows you to boost your car battery as well... www.autostyle.co.za
    Has all the fittings for mobile phones... etc... Selling for R1000

I will upload a pic if i can...

User

Having issues uploading pics... check there website...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast