Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
    User

Default Re: Paintball Marker vs Firearm

In the start of my #gunlife I was ever too eager to discuss guns and self-defence with anyone who shared a similar interest.

Over time I've taken the road of keeping my thoughts and opinions to myself as there's just too many master practitioners skilled in the art of stupid. They cannot be reasoned with and are so stuck in their ways that they're closed off to interrogating new information that goes counter to their dogma.

Folks who believe that paintball markers loaded with super-sucka-killa-death-peppa-ballz make for an effective self-defence tools should be left to live with the consequences of their actions.

Lately I've spoken to too many people who claim they want to get a gun for the defence of their family but then show no interest in going through with it. In one case, the chap's neighbour had a violent break-in during which the BG's fired a couple of rounds at the family. Still not enough to push them to action.

Some people just cannot be helped.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Lately I've spoken to too many people who claim they want to get a gun for the defence of their family but then show no interest in going through with it. In one case, the chap's neighbour had a violent break-in during which the BG's fired a couple of rounds at the family. Still not enough to push them to action.

Some people just cannot be helped.
    At least it's better than the people that survive a hijacking/home invasion/robbery and say "Thankfully I didn't have a gun, they would've found it and killed me" or "Having a gun would've just made the situation worse" smh.
    Never take gun advice from a country that lost a war to emus, or whose national animal is a flightless defenseless bird.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    At least it's better than the people that survive a hijacking/home invasion/robbery and say "Thankfully I didn't have a gun, they would've found it and killed me" or "Having a gun would've just made the situation worse" smh.
    Those are the words of a person who lacks the will to take accountability for their own safety and would rather live under the guise of moral superiority for not owning a weapon that 'would take a life' while happily outsourcing the responsibility to someone else.

User

The accountability, responsibility and outsourcing words makes me think of the sheep, wolf and sheepdog analogy. Sometimes they just can't help it, but I won't keep quiet when some sheep try to convince other sheep that they should all get their teeth pulled because if they ban teeth, the wolves can't bite them anymore.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27