Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: The Statue debate

I am surprised that we are so surprised this started years ago with the changing of road names then towns then cities are we really surprised that they will take away statues as well? Next will be bigger monuments and finally there will be nothing left. This is the way of the regime change.

Except in Centurion John Vorster and Hendrik Verwoerd intersect each other. But no, they insist on renaming Duncan street in Pta.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Exactly what I meant. But that fight may or may not be the next generation - very much doubt it will be in my lifetime.
    Messor hit the nail on the head.

I think we will be in for a surprise...

Things seem to be coming to a head and the hatred towards whites and anything white is showing.

Take a look at the attacks on the teenagers in Pongola and the couple in Benoni at the mall, its now openly happening and NOTHING is getting done about it.

User

. Cape run by the DA. So lets use the statues to create protests and some disorder and bang, the ANC can say DA doing a crap job.

Banned

How low of a self-esteem must you have if you feel threatened by a man who died 115 years ago? How many people actually KNOW who Cecil-John Rhodes was? It's really reached the point where people are looking for ways to be offended.

Also the type of person who shits into a bucket or tupperware container with the intention of rubbing it onto a piece of rock is unlikely to have the intellectualy capacity and discipline to complete their degree.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
    How low of a self-esteem must you have if you feel threatened by a man who died 115 years ago? How many people actually KNOW who Cecil-John Rhodes was? It's really reached the point where people are looking for ways to be offended.

Also the type of person who shits into a bucket or tupperware container with the intention of rubbing it onto a piece of rock is unlikely to have the intellectualy capacity and discipline to complete their degree.
    Wonder who gets to clean it up...

User

Saw a petition of demands floating around facebook, some outrageous requests in it that they want to follow on after the destruction of anything "white" related at UCT.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaashaas View Post
    Jip. He was one of the main instigators for the Anglo Boer war just to enrich himself on Gold.
    Hmm. Very simplistic, but he was certainly a man with immense political pull. He was more interested in Kimberley at that stage, and Carnavon was wanting to annex the Transvaal republic, not Rhodes. The Transvaal folk were unhappy with their government at that time either. So Rhodes, although an easy target was not the cause of the war. Read "The Race For Africa".

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Hmm. Very simplistic, but he was certainly a man with immense political pull. He was more interested in Kimberley at that stage, and Carnavon was wanting to annex the Transvaal republic, not Rhodes. The Transvaal folk were unhappy with their government at that time either. So Rhodes, although an easy target was not the cause of the war. Read "The Race For Africa".
    Read a little more about who and what Freemasonry is then you will understand the resentment that some of the Afrikaans speaking whites in this country have towards Rhodes and his cronies. Personally I couldn't care less if they moved his statue to Nkandla or dumped it in a sea of excrement. History is recorded by writing it down and preserving it for future generations to learn from. Statues are made to show reverence to a person, something I do not feel Rhodes deserves, at least not from the ethnic group I belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    Read a little more about who and what Freemasonry is then you will understand the resentment that some of the Afrikaans speaking whites in this country have towards Rhodes and his cronies. Personally I couldn't care less if they moved his statue to Nkandla or dumped it in a sea of excrement. History is recorded by writing it down and preserving it for future generations to learn from. Statues are made to show reverence to a person, something I do not feel Rhodes deserves, at least not from the ethnic group I belong to.
    Fair enough. Doesn't change the history though does it?

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast