Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: SA's ticking time bomb

Am I crazy for wanting to come back home from Denmark or what? Ive been so bloody home sick and I read an article the other day on the expat blog that almost 50% of people that leave SA end up coming back Im part of that group I want to come back! Its not all sunshine and roses on the other side either yes crime is much MUCH lower but there is just something about SA that is pulling at me. Im sure having kids makes it different however I don't have kids yet but Ill make use of my EU option the day that happens for sure. I think it makes a big difference to your sense of belonging when growing up in a country.

I miss the nature we have and the kak praat at the braai with my friends and family not to mention the good weather or my own language. My fiancé and I feel that Denmark is almost to small for us and that we had allot of good opportunities in SA. The thing is we feel that if you want to make it and you work hard you can still make it in SA.

That or im just home sick and blind maybe a little stupid but Im coming home non the less! Im coming to join your struggle our struggle!

User

I questions the validity of this article. It's not in the usual style of Clem Sunter and it is posted on "the truth about south africa" website which I personally don't hold in high esteem.

Also can't find the article of Clem Sunter's webpage........

Not questioning the stats, just wondering if the article is genuine.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Graham12 View Post
    I questions the validity of this article. It's not in the usual style of Clem Sunter and it is posted on "the truth about south africa" website which I personally don't hold in high esteem.

Also can't find the article of Clem Sunter's webpage........

Not questioning the stats, just wondering if the article is genuine.
    I read on this site a wile back http://homecomingrevolution.com if its true or not I still feel like coming home.

User

Ive got a simpler story:
    After being shipwrecked and stranded on a remote island, South Africa woke up one morning to find a fully equipped life boat on the beach.
    They broke it down and built a raft. They paddled it out but soon discovered that too many waves rolled over it.
    So they drilled holes in the deck to let the water out.
    The end.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    Ive got a simpler story:
    After being shipwrecked and stranded on a remote island, South Africa woke up one morning to find a fully equipped life boat on the beach.
    They broke it down and built a raft. They paddled it out but soon discovered that too many waves rolled over it.
    So they drilled holes in the deck to let the water out.
    The end.

That is SO true. It feels exactly like that. Anything that you look at and think 'well, THIS can't be messed up" ... wrong, it can.

Banned
    harties...If you are reading this, thank a teacher. Since its in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Thudrukis View Post
    Am I crazy for wanting to come back home from Denmark or what? Ive been so bloody home sick and I read an article the other day on the expat blog that almost 50% of people that leave SA end up coming back Im part of that group I want to come back! Its not all sunshine and roses on the other side either yes crime is much MUCH lower but there is just something about SA that is pulling at me. Im sure having kids makes it different however I don't have kids yet but Ill make use of my EU option the day that happens for sure. I think it makes a big difference to your sense of belonging when growing up in a country.

I miss the nature we have and the kak praat at the braai with my friends and family not to mention the good weather or my own language. My fiancé and I feel that Denmark is almost to small for us and that we had allot of good opportunities in SA. The thing is we feel that if you want to make it and you work hard you can still make it in SA.

That or im just home sick and blind maybe a little stupid but Im coming home non the less! Im coming to join your struggle our struggle!
    i think you are mad but good luck to you

User

Look at where the Rand has gone in the last year. Look at the now sometimes twice daily power cuts, spiced with the odd water cut too.
    It seems the writing is in the wall...but I for one would be so sad to see our beloved country go completely to the dogs...

You know things have reached a crossroads when Nigerians have had enough...

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    You know things have reached a crossroads when Nigerians have had enough...

How they going to get all that tik through customs? :P
    Last edited by CorditeCrazy; 17-04-2015 at 16:40.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    How they going to get all that tik through customs? :P
    ah man what a good laugh!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast