Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Banned
    harties...If you are reading this, thank a teacher. Since its in English, thank a soldier.

Default Re: SA's ticking time bomb

oh crap, will this affect my princes money that is nearly here?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Black-ops View Post
    If you don't have any other solution or means to get out, that is another story. But I believe anyone with kids owe it to them to GTFO if you can.

I don't want to have to shoot at an angry mob outside my house trying to kill me and my family. I don't want to see my family killed in front of me after an angry mob have dragged us out of our houses/cars etc. Ammo stocks will only last that long what happens then?

I don't want my family to have to endure or experience a civil war/genocide.

I don't want to see my family under constant attack just because they have something to steal, because some part of the population thinks we stole it from them in the first place and now they are entitled to it.

My kids cant ride their bikes in the neighbourhood because kids have been held up at knife point and their bikes stolen.
    My kids cant be left alone to play outside because fuckers jump fences and hold your family up.
    I cant braai without my pistol.
    I cant swim without my pistol.
    I cant take a shit without my pistol.

My kids freak out when the alarm goes off during the night because people all around us have been high jacked or robbed.

Where are all the jobs going to come from for the population growth?
    Where are all the grants going to come from to look after everyone?
    Taxes are going to increase exponentially.

I don't want my kids growing up in a country where it doesn't matter how hard they study they might not get a job because they are white.

Even worse doesn't matter what their marks are in matric, they're not allowed to study at the university of their choice because they can only take so many white people.

I am really finding it tough to stay positive about this country but I believe the writing is on the wall, and not just for white people.

Because when the majority of whites are gone, the black, Asian, coloured and Indian middle class will have to carry this already over burdened economy and endure the high jacking's and break-ins on a constant basis from those who don't want to work hard to get nice stuff.

Yeah not having a really great week.
    Black-ops

I don't know, reality is what we make it. I live in Bloem, children still drive bicycles in the street, I braai without a gun, people walk and jog in the street, etc etc etc. I then read a post like yours and think to myself why, why are you saying these things? You see in many places in this country people are shocked when they read about a hijack, or even a break-in, murder is like front page news. I myself am allergic to malls, we have about 2 in BLoem, and when the wife decides she needs something I suck it up, for a little while.

You see, when I get to the mall I struggle to find parking, when I walk in the mall I struggle to not play bumper cars, the magnitude of black and white people there with the sole purpose of spending money is staggering. I often think to myself WTF, why do everybody complain? I still see PLENTY housewives walking about with shopping trollies, buying stuff with their husbands money, how hard must life be for them? You see, in the last couple of years I have had a dark cloud creeping into my thoughts, perhaps people are so indoctrinate by the media they cannot see the stuff going on directly in front of them. For instance, all of us here on gunsite complains first and foremost about money, and then spend the most of our time buying gun stuff?

Also, the people in the big cities are truly under fire, I admit that, but that is simply because they live in shitholes. This country is f@cking big, lots of places to live and let live, the major cities are not such places. Talking about all the break-ins and attacks in your neighborhood are you, sorry bud, that is your neighborhood, not mine. I look after my family at night the same way all you guys do, but I am definitely not at the same risk as you guys.

Some days I get so negative, its amazing, I feel like turning into the biggest racist the world have ever known, and then I work with a black colleague and I realize that person thinks exactly the way I do, he's got the same concerns I do, he values the same thing I do. And then I think to myself why the darkness, many people around the world are much worse off than me, is it human to see only the negative and nothing positive?

Ok, before this line of thought gets out of hand, let sum it up.
    I was born here, I will die some day, might as well die here. If my voortrekker ancestors, woman and children included could survive daily attacks, raids, and indeed tragedy during their expedition then so can I. I was taught to shoot 30 years ago, I am good at it, I am more than capable of making war on any untrained mob, a war they want no part in. I am not brave or stupid, nor was my ancestors, people have a tendency to carry on despite what life throws at them, evident by the millions living in informal settlements.

Many days the only thing I can think of is my children, what will life bring them? Then I realize billions of people around the world have the same concerns, the same amount have come and gone before me, alas the reason I am here, and perhaps they also could not see any silver lining. I clearly wasn't destined to be some billionaire, I am happy with that, but many people here on GS have come to know me, seen my travels and exploits, and let me tell you it ain't all bad either.

Wars come and go, hard times come and go, they ALWAYS involve someone, might as well be me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Black-ops

I don't know, reality is what we make it. I live in Bloem, children still drive bicycles in the street, I braai without a gun, people walk and jog in the street, etc etc etc. I then read a post like yours and think to myself why, why are you saying these things? You see in many places in this country people are shocked when they read about a hijack, or even a break-in, murder is like front page news. I myself am allergic to malls, we have about 2 in BLoem, and when the wife decides she needs something I suck it up, for a little while.

You see, when I get to the mall I struggle to find parking, when I walk in the mall I struggle to not play bumper cars, the magnitude of black and white people there with the sole purpose of spending money is staggering. I often think to myself WTF, why do everybody complain? I still see PLENTY housewives walking about with shopping trollies, buying stuff with their husbands money, how hard must life be for them? You see, in the last couple of years I have had a dark cloud creeping into my thoughts, perhaps people are so indoctrinate by the media they cannot see the stuff going on directly in front of them. For instance, all of us here on gunsite complains first and foremost about money, and then spend the most of our time buying gun stuff?

Also, the people in the big cities are truly under fire, I admit that, but that is simply because they live in shitholes. This country is f@cking big, lots of places to live and let live, the major cities are not such places. Talking about all the break-ins and attacks in your neighborhood are you, sorry bud, that is your neighborhood, not mine. I look after my family at night the same way all you guys do, but I am definitely not at the same risk as you guys.

Some days I get so negative, its amazing, I feel like turning into the biggest racist the world have ever known, and then I work with a black colleague and I realize that person thinks exactly the way I do, he's got the same concerns I do, he values the same thing I do. And then I think to myself why the darkness, many people around the world are much worse off than me, is it human to see only the negative and nothing positive?

I was born here, I will die some day, might as well die here. If my voortrekker ancestors, woman and children included could survive daily attacks, raids, and indeed tragedy during their expedition then so can I. I was taught to shoot 30 years ago, I am good at it, I am more than capable of making war on any untrained mob, a war they want no part in. I am not brave or stupid, nor was my ancestors, people have a tendency to carry on despite what life throws at them, evident by the millions living in informal settlements.

Many days the only thing I can think of is my children, what will life bring them? Then I realize billions of people around the world have the same concerns, the same amount have come and gone before me, alas the reason I am here, and perhaps they also could not see any silver lining. I clearly wasn't destined to be some billionaire, I am happy with that, but many people here on GS have come to know me, seen my travels and exploits, and let me tell you it ain't all bad either.

Wars come and go, hard times come and go, they ALWAYS involve someone, might as well be me.
    Well said. Thank you for some perspective.

User

Black-ops

Thank you, Had a though day. Your post gave some perspective.

Black-ops

Okay so I am married now for 6 months no kids YET... if its like this now (crime, eskom, water, etc etc.) How will it be in 15 - 20 years? How will my kids life be? Will they live in fear? Or will it be as "good" as now?

I am not saying you are wrong, I live in George WC where crime is also low for now and I havent felt any sting of crime, no breaks ins murders or anything in my family and I thank GOD everyday for this and pray it will go on that way... but I still find myself, what if I have kids now, how will their lives be when they are my age??

Dont want to be negative just realistic, or try to be :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bok007 View Post
    Okay so I am married now for 6 months no kids YET... if its like this now (crime, eskom, water, etc etc.) How will it be in 15 - 20 years? How will my kids life be? Will they live in fear? Or will it be as "good" as now?

I am not saying you are wrong, I live in George WC where crime is also low for now and I havent felt any sting of crime, no breaks ins murders or anything in my family and I thank GOD everyday for this and pray it will go on that way... but I still find myself, what if I have kids now, how will their lives be when they are my age??
    Bok007

Let me try and give another perspective.

I too have a wife(a fiery redhead), I have a beautiful daughter, and in 1 months time the first son of Messor will be born.

Now, had I been born in the USA, Germany, Switzerland or any other first world country I would not have looked upon any of their faces, I would never have known them.
    But, Since I live in SA, since I was born in the Karoo, since I met my wife in SA and since a remarkable sequence of events led me to where I am today typing this message to you.....

Who am I to argue with life?

User

This tread got deep... I don't feel so stupid anymore for wanting to come back to SA maybe you think im mad I atleast will always have the option of coming here if it "really" got bad but every place has its problems and I've seen both sides and I still choose SA its where I grew up and Its where my family and friends are I want to be apart of there lives and I need them in mine. It can be lonely abroad South Africans have a way of making you feel at home and I miss that. The what ifs are still in my head. what if something happend to someone close to me back in SA and I could not be there for them because I ran away from our problems does that not make me part of the problem from there perspective does that not leave them in a more lonely place then I am right now. You don't know what you've got till its gone that saying is true! Ek kom terug huis toe. Besides thanks to South Africa im into guns and thats frowned upon here theres a good enough reason right there don't you think!

Bok007

Let me try and give another perspective.

I too have a wife(a fiery redhead), I have a beautiful daughter, and in 1 months time the first son of Messor will be born.

Now, had I been born in the USA, Germany, Switzerland or any other first world country I would not have looked upon any of their faces, I would never have known them.
    But, Since I live in SA, since I was born in the Karoo, since I met my wife in SA and since a remarkable sequence of events led me to where I am today typing this message to you.....

Who am I to argue with life?
    Haha good point. But now we have our fiery sexy wives and you 1.5 and my hopefully soon 0.1 children. If you can say with confidence that our children will grow up in a safe country where we can live our lives without fear without being hated because of where they come from till the day they are old and wrinkely well then I see no reason to move then I am staying right here in SA where I want to be...

But if you cant say that with 100% confidence, what then...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bok007 View Post
    Haha good point. But now we have our fiery sexy wives and you 1.5 and my hopefully soon 0.1 children. If you can say with confidence that our children will grow up in a safe country where we can live our lives without fear without being hated because of where they come from till the day they are old and wrinkely well then I see no reason to move then I am staying right here in SA where I want to be...

But if you cant say that with 100% confidence, what then...
    Nothing is guaranteed in life bud. It's a gamble you would have to take.
    Those wanting to leave please do so, If you think it's better for your child abroad then go.
    I'm also very skeptical about getting children but God have provided for us through very tough times where I lost everything a few months ago but I'm on my way again.
    Just try and turn that negative outlook on life around into a positive one.

User

Default SA's ticking time bomb

And then where do you want to go? Europe and the USA have targets on their foreheads, Oz is quickly finding themselves the victims of liberalism, NZ and asia are wracked with eathquakes, tsunamis and other disasters, south america isnt much better off... Tsar Putin is sticking his genitals in a red ant nest... The whole world is going for a ball of shit.
    Or so it seems according to the media.

Remember its in the media's interest to peddle sensationalism and its in the liberal's interest to let the media do exactly that. Sure there's some shitty things happening here but its happening all over the world. Be vigilant but also live for the beauty around you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast