Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DM 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ertjie View Post
    Would love some concrete information on this platform. Up till now this kind of info has been elusive. From a layman's perspective it seems like the platform relies on cheap manufacturing to keep the price down and "looks" via all the gizmo's to make it a seller. With all due respect, but the respective magazines that have done reviews on this seems like nothing more than dealer sponsored platforms to give some cred to the firearm in order to up sales. Sort of like Naspers punting their own products in their very own publications... Saying than any weapon is great or good because it has fired a few hundred or even a thousand rounds without failure means little in my honest opinion. Its like a saying a car is good because it starts. Obviously the crappiest of weapons will still fire atleast a few hundred rounds, if not thousands, before showing its true colours. Its the primary function of the tool after all! A ball is meant to bounce, a car is meant to drive, a firearm is meant to fire...Just because it does doesn't make it great. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all suggesting that the DM4 isn't superb. It could very well be. I'm just saying that the info so far has been very superficial and very much sales driven. And I might once again be wrong about this as a layman, but as a layman this has also been the impression I've got, hate me or love for this, but thats the reality of it. I'm looking forward for the first batch of in-depth user reviews - seeing how the platform performs when really pushed outside of its comfort zone. I want to hear why I shouldn't opt for a cheaper Norinco. Or fork out an extra grand or two for a proven platform. I hope this happens soon, this is all very exciting!
    As one of the range testers of the DM4 for the sport shooter magazine with no affiliation to DSG (other than being a customer from time to time) I can confirm that the guns we had for the day performed better than initially expected and the exercise was definitely not a 'paid for marketing exercise' unless the brass we kept is considered payment.
    Obviously you can only do so much in one day but I'm quite comfortable saying that we probably put more ammo through a single carbine that day than many other owners of MSR's have put through theirs in months and the DM4's ran flawlessly with a variety of factory and reloaded ammunition. The guns were inspected and lightly lubed at the start of the day and no more was done right up to the end of the day, 1000 to 1200 rounds later - being able to do this on 10 or 20 consecutive days would have been fantastic but we (the testers) have full time day jobs to do too and the brass doesn't quite make up for my salary.
    I think the DM4 is a solid platform, locally assembled by a reputable company who will back up their product from their shop, without any need for international to and fro-ing.

User

Default DM 4

We will always moan. Why don't our local guys stock this, or stock that. Or offer AR at USA prices etc.etc.etc. The fact is we should support and commend these guys for providing us with options. Buy what you want. Pay for it and be done with it. Make relevant comments to a thread if you can add value. If you don't have hands on experience we should reserve our sarcasm IMO.

User

Default Re: DM 4

The finish on the DM4 is better than the CQA (I have one) the whole gun is smoother in operation for me. This is a new product so it will not come with the lineage of a Colt. They need to be run and tested and used and broken to test the gun and the support behind it. At the price I would rather have the DM4 than the CQA that bit extra will only hurt a bit. I like my gun (CQA)and it works, it has not given me any hassles. If I were to buy again today I would probably go for the DM4.
    Nothing like the thrill of being a beta tester... I do believe they are selling well into the private and security sector. Should have some heavy use feedback soon.

User

Ooops, seems to be pricing on DSG site....basic unit 3k more than a CQA.

User

I have skimmed through a few of the related threads......did someone mention price as such?

What do they go for and what is the availability?

Gentlemen, please do not take my earlier post personal or read it in a negative tone. It seems like I have touched a sensitive topic and some have misunderstood my post. I was NOT trashing the DM4 at all. Like I explicitly said - "...I'm not at all suggesting that the DM4 isn't superb...". My concern is not with the firearm, my concern is with the availability of information surrounding it. I apologize if any one misunderstood this as a snipe at the platform itself.

M43 & Dinat, you guys are right, I have absolutely zero experience with any AR rifle. I didn't pretend to do otherwise, hence my referral to myself as a layman. I'm not sure which negative/sarcastic comments you are referring to, I was merely stating my desire for more comprehensive information on the DM4. A few hundred pics of how awesome it looks and one or two statements saying that it goes bang! when you pull the trigger just doesn't seem to do justice to a potentially awesome platform. Expressing my desire for more in depth information seems quite fair to me. Im sorry if my analogies to tools performing what they are supposed to do came across as negative or sarcastic, I can promise you that it wasn't the tone I indented for it.

I understand that the platform is new and that people will only start receiving their licences now, I really do get that. But even a google search serves up nothing, no manufacturer website, nothing. I am really excited about this firearm, but as a normal hard working person I feel reluctant to spend my hard earned cash based on mostly pictures (it does look awesome though!). I really don't think it is unfair of me to state my desire for more info on the matter. How else are laymen like me suppose to make an informed decision? Guess I will just have to wait a bit longer!

User

We've been asking for some of that info for ages. It even got someone banned.

The official position was phone DSG and ask them about specifics.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Kayback,
    It was not the question. It was the pissing and moaning that his specific demand was not met.
    Do you really want to venture out with an explanation on a matter you have no information on?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Banned

Default DM 4

It is better to ask for relationship advice on GS than to talk about the DM4.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

It is in the manner one asks.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast