Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: DM 4

Default Re: DM 4

Quote Originally Posted by SeanG View Post
    Have you taken your issues up with the shop you bought it at, or DSG?

I will mention it to DSG, I ordered it through a local shop though and I do not have contact with that dealer anymore. My only real worry is why it wont cycle Nornico ammo reliably, and of-course the faulty magazine.
    Legion Tactical
    www.legiontactical.co.za | admin@legiontactical.co.za

User

I would suggest you take that up with DSG and give them an opportunity to sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I would suggest you take that up with DSG and give them an opportunity to sort it out.
    Will do, thanks.
    Legion Tactical

User

Taking up issues with the manufacturer is all good and well, but so is a first hand review.

Please keep us posted, LT.

User

ItIt is good to get individual experiences but it is also worthwhile getting the manufacturers input.

I seem to recall another forum where people had issues with Armalite mags. Not frequently but enough that it was spoken about. Probably just a bad mag. Pity they didn't go Pmag compatible lower but in the US they still have this difference in 7.62 ARs as well.

How many Norinco round have you tried? I recall Lian having Norinco issues in his DPMS G2. I can't recall the specifics but the number of 200 was either the point of failure or the point of breaking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    ItIt is good to get individual experiences but it is also worthwhile getting the manufacturers input.

I seem to recall another forum where people had issues with Armalite mags. Not frequently but enough that it was spoken about. Probably just a bad mag. Pity they didn't go Pmag compatible lower but in the US they still have this difference in 7.62 ARs as well.

How many Norinco round have you tried? I recall Lian having Norinco issues in his DPMS G2. I can't recall the specifics but the number of 200 was either the point of failure or the point of breaking in.
    I read a lot about the mags as well. When I first heard that they are Armalite Receivers, I thought that they would be the new AR-10 A series that accept Magpul magazines, but they are actually the AR-10 B series receivers which only accept the traditional AR-10 magazines. See video here:

I have fired around 60 Norinco rounds, and the balance 308 S&B ammo. I have managed to spot the culprit magazine and not used it again, but the failures when using Norinco persist. Failure to extract is the main issue here. Stuck so bad sometimes that immediate action drills are useless. Resorting to unload and manually force the spent casing out of the chamber.

As far as I understand, this type of stoppage cant be caused by a faulty magazine? The magazine caused failures to feed, and since not using the bad apple, I`ve not had another failure to feed. Only stuck casings.

I do not intent to shoot much Norinco, but am I wrong in saying it should have the capability to run this ammo? For you know, if SHTF and for some reason that would be all that is available...

As a .308 chamber, it should run both 7.62x51 as well as .308win if I am not mistaken.

I have contacted they guys DSG this afternoon so I`ll give them a chance to respond this week.

I am definitely not bashing the product though, it is a quality rifle otherwise, and if you feed it good quality 308 ammo, a blast to shoot (pun intended) :)
    Last edited by Legion Tactical; 05-06-2016 at 19:09.
    Legion Tactical

User

Some places in the States say you can't run steel cased ammo in their courses because of the interruption to training when the guns fail.

Some say (who?) It is the laquer that causes the stickiness. I don't know if the Norinco steel is lacquered the same as Russian stuff.

Some places in the States say you can't run steel cased ammo in their courses because of the interruption to training when the guns fail.

Some say (who?) It is the laquer that causes the stickiness. I don't know if the Norinco steel is lacquered the same as Russian stuff.
    Very interesting point, I shall investigate further... Thank you
    Legion Tactical

User

Some places in the States say you can't run steel cased ammo in their courses because of the interruption to training when the guns fail. Some say (who?) It is the laquer that causes the stickiness. I don't know if the Norinco steel is lacquered the same as Russian stuff.
    If it's the same Norc stuff I've seen, it's copper washed, similar to their 7.62x39 ammo. I'd definitely be interested in Lian's opinion based on his experience. I've shot some of this in Manservant's FAL and it grouped very decently at 100m, given that it was open sighted.

7.62 can be slightly longer than .308
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8