Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: GETTING IT OF THE CHEST

That is why I dont want to name, because I am waiting for the reasons. Reception did not want to give me the number of the owner.

User

I understand what DSG (and apoc) are saying but why would it be the dealer's problem? They signed off the firearm and it now is the couriers/recipient's problem to be at the correct address for the courier company to deliver.

Dave sheer response is 100% correct. Bought a firearm from guy in Durban. The guy went out and left firearm with the Cleaning Lady.
    RAM collected it from her. Not blaming RAM. But this guy can you believe left his firearm with the cleaning lady.

All firearms Ive ever couriered to me or from me. I either take to dealer for RAM to collect their. And ship to another Dealer.
    All coming to me, I rather have delivered at a dealer. And I collect there. I think its safer. One of the RAM guys just has to tell a friend your receiving. And as you get parcel he jumps you. Also I don't want RAM to stop 5 times a year at my house. And then knowing there is possibly a safe with a couple of stuff in.

Quote Originally Posted by dux View Post
    I understand what DSG (and apoc) are saying but why would it be the dealer's problem? They signed off the firearm and it now is the couriers/recipient's problem to be at the correct address for the courier company to deliver.
    It's called taking responsibility.

By the way. You should name this place. Otherwise your doing no one a favour here.

I would after receiving card and the dealer not wanting to release firearm. have laid a formal charge against them.
    Because they are then sitting with an illegal firearm.

What could have happened here is. They sold you a firearm that they never paid for. That is still at importer/wholesaler.
    Somehow they could have gotten the serial number on the original invoice. But never paid for it.

Or they have to sell on behalf of someone. And never collected the firearm from that person.

These guys are seriously screwing you over royally.
    And by not acting against them or naming them. You are playing into their hands.

7 Days and they have not supplied you with the firearm. Is past a reasonable time that has past.

You should act on this immediately. Inform them this morning. If they don't release by 12h00, your filing criminal charge for illegally possessing your firearm.
    Remember, the firearm now legally belongs to you. And they are sitting with it.

User

Taking responsibility for a problem that isn't theirs, or of their making, and punishing their client in process.

User

All firearms Ive ever couriered to me or from me. I either take to dealer for RAM to collect their. And ship to another Dealer.
    And that is your prerogative - I'm not denying you that. If you'd prefer your firearms delivered that way (via a dealer) - great, you can. The OP would like his to be delivered to his addresss, as it is his prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by dux View Post
    Taking responsibility for a problem that isn't theirs, or of their making, and punishing their client in process.
    I understand your view, but consider this.

You purchase a gun from a dealer at the other end of the country, you pay some good cash for it, say R30K. The shop says "no problem" we'll ship it via RAM" - You're stoked. They ship it and 2 weeks later you call them and say, "where the hell is my gun?" - at this point they tell you they delivered it and it was signed for at your premises on X-Day, not their problem, RAM tells you they dealt with their end of the deal, not their problem. You're the licenced owner, you now have no gun. Your problem.

Then what?

User

For sure, the person receiving the firearm needs to take responsibility too. Too many people are far to lax with the firearm rules. In your example, I'd want to know the waybill/tracking no of the firearm being sent to me. From the point that the Dealer signed it off to RAM, it's now my responsibility. I'd signed a waiver even.

When I had my MSR couriered down, I was tracking that waybill every step of the way. RAM arrived and even checked my licence card against the paperwork. My experience of the process was excellent.

Has anyone made RAM aware that their driver/s are leaving guns with people other than the licensed owner? Because that's illegal and the driver should be fired and charged before RAM isn't able to move guns anymore.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast