Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Application to keep more than the 200 rounds of ammo. What Motivation SAPS 540

I have touched on this subject a slight bit before but have made a decision not to apply for me.

I have now got my wife to apply. She completed SAPS 540 and wrote a small motivation. (Which was the truth without adding a lot of blah blah)
    The DFO refused to take it saying that he needed more motivation. We rewrote the motivation on a separate sheet of paper. (about half a page). This time he took it but told he that it will be rejected as they expected a 5-10-15 page motivation similar to the motivation when one applies for a FA. She has section 13 FA and has no dedicated status.

It has now been two weeks and still no answer.

How long does this normally take and what type / long motivation have you guys done regarding this.

Default Re: Application to keep more than the 200 rounds of ammo. What Motivation SAPS 540

Easy is reckon S16 from start.

It should not be long motivation.

This should even be enough.
    I have a pack of 50 Rounds for self defense.
    I go once or twice a month to the shooting range where I practice.
    And need at least 200 rounds to shoot.
    So the 50 plus my 200 practice ammo will be too much therefor I need limit to be increased.

Shotgun is easy. As most places sell in cases of 250.

User

Default Re: Application to keep more than the 200 rounds of ammo. What Motivation SAPS 540

How on earth do you write a 5-10-15 page motivation to have more than 200 rounds of ammo...?

User

Copy the wiki page on your chosen calibre and use font size 30?

Just had to laugh at this. Good one. 10 to 1 if I do this they will accept.

Quote Originally Posted by pigeonpie View Post
    Copy the wiki page on your chosen calibre and use font size 30?

It's clear that if largely depends on your DFO. I made a simple motivation for shotgun (wingshooting and clays) and 22 LR (plinking). The DFO approved it while I was in her office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stubo View Post
    It's clear that if largely depends on your DFO. I made a simple motivation for shotgun (wingshooting and clays) and 22 LR (plinking). The DFO approved it while I was in her office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That aint good news. DFO's are too inconsistent.

User

I applied for this when the FCA was implemented, before there was a form to complete. Nothing came of it. I suspect they did not know how to deal with the application at the time.

Late last year I asked my DFO about applying to keep more than 200 rounds of ammo and he had never heard about it.

Please let us know if you are successful.

Thanks.

User

I applied for a barrel and 4 guns. Guns approved 4 and 8 December, barrel not. They don't much about that either.

User

Dear Lord, in Finland we are allowed to keep 20 000 rounds of ammo (combined figure of ammunition and primers for reloading) inside living spaces and maximum of 30 000 rounds in an separate storage building like a garage or a shed. Or a dog house. The number of separate places of storage isn't limited at all.

I've got weapons in 17 calibers, so it's not a surprise my figure exceeds 10 000 easily... Plus undisclosed figure of military type ammunition stored elsewhere for a really bad day.

The motivation? 200 rounds of ammo isn't enough for training and keeping you ready for actual use of the gun: what about ammo shortage? It happens every now and then and when the shelves are empty, they are. I would literally panic if the count of any of my important calibers (5.56x45, 7.62x39, 7.62x51, 9mm, .40...) would reduce under the 1000 round mark. With AR and AK, I've got more than that loaded in magazines 24/7...

The need to keep oneself proficient enough to carry a gun should be enough of a motivation for at least 1000 rounds of ammo per caliber.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast