Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    A modern firearm should accept most ammo.

If there is a problem, then it only takes one or two people to test the ammo and report back.
    You miss the point. Each firearm, not each model, is unique. My firearm may like 124gr Ranger Ts and the next guy with the same firearm one serial number different may have problems.

User

Default Re: Best Ammunition For CZ P07

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
    A modern firearm should accept most ammo.

If there is a problem, then it only takes one or two people to test the ammo and report back.

Theres a lot of assumption in this statement. Assumption that can get you in trouble.

User

Have been following this thread with some interest since applying for my P07 (acquired in March this year). Before deciding on what carry ammo to use however i wanted to become more familiar, efficient and proficient with the pistol first. This was/is my experience so feel free to comment if i did something wrong.
    I Practiced with all kinds of ammo, ranging from Nobleteq, PMP, S&B, Magtech and reloads (love the S&B's most for some reason). Round count since March at roughly 450 without a single problem. Every trigger pull resulted in a bang.
    Finally decided to get myself a box of Ranger T's 127g +P+ to function test at the range yesterday. Emptied a mag of 115g FMJ magtech's and proceeded to load 10 ranger T's. First 4 shots no problem followed by a stovepipe, cleared it, FTF - click nothing, ejected the round fired 2 more shots and then another stovepipe. Decided to drop the mag and try again. Second mag had 1 round that did not chamber properly. Got the RO to check the FA and loaded 10 more in the first mag. All shots went downrange without issues in both mags after that (25 shots fired).
    Not sure what to make of the initial issues i experienced with regards to the FTF (loaded this round again and it fired the second time around) and and stovepipes.. am i wrong by thinking that the Pistol had to "adjust" (word used for the lack of better understanding) to the new higher pressure rounds as i and the RO ruled out limp wrist and the mags.

Later spoke to a friend that have the Duty and he confirmed that his pistol did not like the rangers and eventually opted for the Hornaby CD's.
    Conclusion, i have some doubt now carrying the rangers. I will have to go and test them again before being satisfied that they will remain in my pistol.
    My two cents regarding the Rangers and my P07.

User

Have you got the Gen1 or Gen2? I shot a box of 50 127g +P+ Rangers through my Gen1 without a single issue. That was also after shooting out my 50 S&B carry rounds. Immediately bought another 50 Rangers to carry.

User

Mine was the opposite. Didnt want anything to do with Federal HSTs.

Eats Rangers like they are cheap.

Thats why we test.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DCDUTY View Post
    Have been following this thread with some interest since applying for my P07 (acquired in March this year). Before deciding on what carry ammo to use however i wanted to become more familiar, efficient and proficient with the pistol first. This was/is my experience so feel free to comment if i did something wrong.
    I Practiced with all kinds of ammo, ranging from Nobleteq, PMP, S&B, Magtech and reloads (love the S&B's most for some reason). Round count since March at roughly 450 without a single problem. Every trigger pull resulted in a bang.
    Finally decided to get myself a box of Ranger T's 127g +P+ to function test at the range yesterday. Emptied a mag of 115g FMJ magtech's and proceeded to load 10 ranger T's. First 4 shots no problem followed by a stovepipe, cleared it, FTF - click nothing, ejected the round fired 2 more shots and then another stovepipe. Decided to drop the mag and try again. Second mag had 1 round that did not chamber properly. Got the RO to check the FA and loaded 10 more in the first mag. All shots went downrange without issues in both mags after that (25 shots fired).
    Not sure what to make of the initial issues i experienced with regards to the FTF (loaded this round again and it fired the second time around) and and stovepipes.. am i wrong by thinking that the Pistol had to "adjust" (word used for the lack of better understanding) to the new higher pressure rounds as i and the RO ruled out limp wrist and the mags.

Later spoke to a friend that have the Duty and he confirmed that his pistol did not like the rangers and eventually opted for the Hornaby CD's.
    Conclusion, i have some doubt now carrying the rangers. I will have to go and test them again before being satisfied that they will remain in my pistol.
    My two cents regarding the Rangers and my P07.

I would not carry Rangers in that gun.

User

@ Duty Bound - I have the G2 (I refrain from using G1 and G2 tags as i have been reprimanded in the past) CZ P07 "Duty" = G1 / P07 = G2)
    @ KreefStert - Have heard of similar experiences, some guns love rangers and dislikes others and visa-versa. i suppose each gun is unique regardless if they are from the same make and model .
    @ BigT - Thanks BigT. You are probably right, i guess after reading all the good things about the rangers i am somewhat disappointed that my P07 disagrees with them and will have to look for something else even though i so want them to work for me. I see expensive range days ahead for me .

User

Hi...what was the COL on the reloads? Very important to mention this info...

User

Ranger +P yes... +P+ definitely no... I Carry the Ranger 127gr. +P+ in my Beretta 92, and even on this heavy FA, you can feel it's taking a hard knock. The +P+'s are extremely hard hitting, not only on your assailant, but also on your FA. I'm considering going over to the Ranger 124 gr. +P at 1180 fps.

User

And where will you get those?

And the 92 ain’t famously a strong gun. Especially early ones.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4