Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: "Warrior" suppressors -- your opinions?

The following is regarding a bolt action, and not an AR. I have the medium model for my 308.Even though its bigger than the silent hunter i had, its slightly lighter. It is made out of 7075 aluminium. As mentioned, if you get a chance go through to the workshop based in centurion, some interesting projects being made there, they know what they doing. Fit and finish is excellent, very well made. In terms of performance, it is really silent, i was pleasantly surprised. It does heat up quicker than a steel suppressor but also cools down quicker. You have the option of getting it cerakoted in any color. Very happy so far and would recommend them for your hunting rifle . Warrens service is really fantastic.
    http://

User

Have dealt with Warren in the last month and ended up ordering one of his suppressors for my DDM4V3.His service was excellent and the product even more in looks and build quality....and it works like a charm on the rifle.Will be speaking to him again in the coming months as I have a Remington mod 700 Police in 338 Lapua waiting for me that needs to be suppressed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by spoegwolf View Post
    Have dealt with Warren in the last month and ended up ordering one of his suppressors for my DDM4V3.His service was excellent and the product even more in looks and build quality....and it works like a charm on the rifle.Will be speaking to him again in the coming months as I have a Remington mod 700 Police in 338 Lapua waiting for me that needs to be suppressed.
    How is the weight and size on his AR supprssors? Any pics on the rifle?

I have a Remington mod 700 Police in 338 Lapua waiting for me that needs to be suppressed.
    Nice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    How is the weight and size on his AR supprssors? Any pics on the rifle?
    Weight not to bad,balance actually very nice.I will post a pic or 2 as soon as I figure out how.I am extremely impressed with the ACOG though...the balllistic reticule works like a charm.

User

User

Morning Gents

They guys who are running the 5.56 suppressors.Have you experienced that the suppressor start to unscrew? Did you just tighten it as much as possible by hand, or did you guys use locktite adhesive or something?

Got mine yesterday have heard about suppressors unscrewing and causing a baffle strike.

User

I have used mine once so far for approx 200 rounds,and had no problem with suppressor coming loose.Tightened it by hand firmly and left it like that.Still sitting tight as day one.

Way too Long. (100-120mm Max)
    My opinion about a silencer. And its mine.
    Good internal baffle design. This is critical.
    Total length should be as short as possible.
    Otherwise it does not look right on any weapon.
    Should be as light as possible for caliber.
    Otherwise you will have POI change with it on or off.

According to me the best you can possibly buy is ASE Utra. 98mm long, and made for military use. Pricey. But very effective.
    And I have no POI change on my 308 with it.

User

I have used mine once so far for approx 200 rounds,and had no problem with suppressor coming loose.Tightened it by hand firmly and left it like that.Still sitting tight as day one.
    Thanks for the info. I would probably check that it is tight before each range session, just in case.

Interestingly i had a guy at the range recommend that i should take off the suppressor do a bit of rapid fire to get the barrel hot and screw on the cold suppressor. According to him when the barrel would cool down the suppressor would be so tight i would not be able to get in off. If i wanted to take the suppressor off again, i have to heat up the barrel and suppressor and then unscrew it. Personalty i don't think this would be very good idea, can't think it would be good for the suppressor. Your thoughts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast