Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MSE reflex

User

Default MSE reflex

Do we get MSE reflex units anywhere in SA, or is it mostly Eotech and Aimpoint?

User

Default MSE reflex OR other RDS for distance

Okay, so we have no responses on the MSE, what other RDS optics would one recommend for being able to shoot with both eyes open, and up to as long a distance as is practical with a RDS?

Thanks

User

Default Re: MSE reflex

Vortex?

User

Trijicon?

User

Default Re: MSE reflex OR other RDS for distance

Quote Originally Posted by uBestRi View Post
    Okay, so we have no responses on the MSE, what other RDS optics would one recommend for being able to shoot with both eyes open, and up to as long a distance as is practical with a RDS?

Thanks
    What distance you looking at shooting, or rather discipline? I originally had a look at Vortex Spitfire Prism 3x with the aim of only using a single optic on my rifle (for close as well as 100m distances). I eventually just went for a 1-4x optic, as I can shoot with both eye's open as well as crank it to 4x for 100m shots.

User

Right up close to about 100m as well.
    I do want something that I can use close up though.
    Would I have to look at a scope on top and a RDS on the side?

User

What sort of accuracy do you need at 100m? Minute of Badguy or sub MOA? At 100m most red dots, even an older 4 MOA Aimpoint will do it.

Zero it using the top of the dot and you will be able to make the shots without much fuss.

KBK

User

When I fitted my scope I also fitted canted (to right hand side) iron sights. I found I was slower getting my eye lined up through them than I was in just using the scope for close work. I also found my left (non-dominant) eye was getting blocked by the scope that was now in it's view. Plus the tilting of the firearm didn't feel natural to me. I'm sure that I could've fixed it all with more patience/training but I couldn't be bothered. I am quite used to shooting with the 1x on close stuff and will even use 2x-3x on close work (if there are more distant targets in the COF). So while it might be seriously tacticool to have two sets of optics on the rifle, in my very limited experience, I'm going with one. I also like to examine what the top guys in our club are using, and for the most part it's a single 1-4 scope. There are a few red dot's in between but they are the exception IMO.

You are very welcome to come and play with my set up and I'm sure I can get you some more demo gear to look at/through when you're in the Cape. We have a 3GN comp on the 20th and a SADPA DMG on the 27th at False Bay - all the toys will be there.

As Kayback says - there are plenty red dot's that are more than capable of putting plates down at 100m.

User

Thanks Gents, which RD's would you recommend out to that distance?

User

I like the Eotech, but have heard some say it's no good past 40m.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast