Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Importance of cleaning your pistol

Im still going with mag or ammo issue. Ammo that nose dives. Cant see that happening from 150 rounds shot.
    A round whose over all length to short. Yes a nose dive issue. But not really the dirt.
    Ive seen Glocks, CZ's, Taurus, Ruger even Norinco's at the local indoor range. Which gets rented out.
    And they all shoot lead reloads. And don't get cleaning al too often.
    They don't nose dive when dirty.

User

I don't say the magazine is not contributing to the problem. But I have learned my lesson. My guns will be cleaned everytime I come from the range.
    I am just testing my .22 S&W 422 in the same way. It did not give a problem on the second range session after not cleaning it. I will go one more round and then only clean it.

22lr the barrel can be left. But the chamber and just outside chamber needs a clean every couple of hundred or so.
    With 22LR the wax on the heads shave off and sits inside chamber and just outside it.
    This makes it more difficult for extractor to extract. And causes some firing issues when the 22LR is not fully pushed into chamber.

Lot of people believe that a 22LR's barrel should never be cleaned at all.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Lot of people believe that a 22LR's barrel should never be cleaned at all.
    I do clean my CZ452 everywhere exept for the barrel. Only if I can see accuracy is not what I'm used to, then I will clean the barrel. It works for me. But then again, a CZ is not a Taurus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    I think he mentioned it in the OP
    I was looking for the model.

I wouldnt trust that pistol. I have shot my Glocks, M&P, STI, GP to over 2000+ rounds without cleaning. My Shield currently on about 500 without a serious clean.

User

IMO a should be able to run for a minimum of 500 rounds between cleanings. I've shot my Glock for about 600 rounds without cleaning between three major IPSC matches now and it ran without a glitch.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Edwill View Post
    I was looking for the model.

I wouldnt trust that pistol. I have shot my Glocks, M&P, STI, GP to over 2000+ rounds without cleaning. My Shield currently on about 500 without a serious clean.
    PT709.
    In the July 2015 issue of Guns and Ammo, it was tested to be faultless in the 650 round test. But that I believe was all shot in one session. I left the dirt on mine for 3 weeks.

User

what bullets were you shooting? If they were lead i could see how that would cause an issue.

Furthermore, did slingshot, power stroke or use the slide stop to release the slide on the new mag? i found with the PT709 Slim i shot a few times that she did not like the slide release at all and the extra few mm of travel from power stroking fed the rounds with no problem, whereas the slide stop metghod caused the rounds to nose dive.

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    PT709.
    In the July 2015 issue of Guns and Ammo, it was tested to be faultless in the 650 round test. But that I believe was all shot in one session. I left the dirt on mine for 3 weeks.
    I suggest you get someone to look at your Pistol, after 150-200rds it shouldn't be that dirty or unreliable!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trayton View Post
    what bullets were you shooting? If they were lead i could see how that would cause an issue.

Furthermore, did slingshot, power stroke or use the slide stop to release the slide on the new mag? i found with the PT709 Slim i shot a few times that she did not like the slide release at all and the extra few mm of travel from power stroking fed the rounds with no problem, whereas the slide stop metghod caused the rounds to nose dive.
    No lead. I mainly shoot with only S&B HP 115gr ammo. I still have some factory reloads that I am also shooting with.
    I tried both methods. It fails with both methods. I ussually don't use the slide stop, but did try it as well to see if it would load better.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast