Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Section 16 refused - current state of appeals process?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    IMHO if this crap persists then it's time CFR get properly hammered in the form of a class action lawsuit.
    Personally I think it should have already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Agree!!!!

User

I had a shotgun refused a few years ago.
    Waited for the letter and it was clear that I received a generic letter of reasons for the refusal. My motivation against the letter to the Appeals Board went along the lines of: For question 1 refer to paragraph 2 of original motivation, for question 2 refer to......etc
    It was during the time where there was such a huge backlog at CFR that they just rejected every 2nd licence.

Then about 2 years ago, my glock was rejected. I simply reapplied with the same motivation and I have had the glock since then. I still have not received my letter stating why it was refused

I did notice though, that I have a mark on my name on the system for having a licence refused. I wonder if this can affect future licences
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Yeah, except that every time the hat gets passed round for money not much finds its way in.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    I did notice though, that I have a mark on my name on the system for having a licence refused. I wonder if this can affect future licences
    This is also what I'm afraid of, and why I am thinking of appealing instead of just re-applying.

Your wasting time to appeal. It can easily take 2 years. Rather get refusal reason. If need be change that part. And reapply.
    Even do a 518 application. Stating you desperately need the firearm for sport use. As you already missed competing this year with it in several events.
    Due to application process taking long.

My 518 reason is always. I need it for sport uses in competition. Normal licenses can take 90 days. Which means I will miss 1 to 2 shoots.
    And practice times. So effectively I will loose my competitiveness for the year against other shooters if I don't start competing with it.
    While I wait for 271 to be finalized.

User

To clarify, I would prefer not to have the refusal on my record at the CFR. I am under the impression that appealing successfully would clear any such black mark from my record. It is not simply about getting the licence ASAP.

Also, my refusal was on a S21 application (518 form), which was solidly motivated along those lines. My S16 application (271 form) is stuck at "Registration" along with everyone else's.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    To clarify, I would prefer not to have the refusal on my record at the CFR. I am under the impression that appealing successfully would clear any such black mark from my record. It is not simply about getting the licence ASAP.

Also, my refusal was on a S21 application (518 form), which was solidly motivated along those lines. My S16 application (271 form) is stuck at "Registration" along with everyone else's.
    My DFO recently told me a section 21 application (lately) is a waste of time and money. Very unlikely CFR will approve. Is your SAP271 still in for consideration?

User

My DFO recently told me a section 21 application (lately) is a waste of time and money. Very unlikely CFR will approve. Is your SAP271 still in for consideration?
    But only very recently a good friend and fellow forumite had a S21 approved for his n'th SLR...

:- P

User

I had the same reply on Wednesday. Told them to fill it in anyway. Whether true or not I dont know. Theres a reason I need the firearm asap hense the S21. Anyway will have to wait and see.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast