Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default leatherman Repair ?

My Leatherman needs some repairs done (Tip of pliers snapped off etc)

Anyone know where I can take it in the JHB area to be repaired?

Also need a new pouch, the leather one has fallen apart (after 23 years!)

Thanks

User

Default Re: leatherman Repair ?

Yeti, take it to any Cape Union Mart,they send way to Leatherman in cpt for free, waiting period is about 3 weeks, but can be up to 6, this is all free of charged, if they cant repair it, they give you the same and model refurbished, of they give you and upgraded model of the same make.

my Leatherman's have been replaced about 9 times, cause the oke is on a lunch break when I walk into the shop, my current Wave 2 is awaiting my arrival really back in centurion for collection from Cape Union Mart.great service from Leatherman, Garenteed.

User

You can send it directly to Awesome Tools based here in cape town. Lately they dont repair but rather replace the tool so any engraving will be lost. Im not sure if I will be allowed to post the address but youre welcome to pm me and I will give it to you. You can however ,as posted above, take it to your local Cape union. They will send it away and get a new one. This may take time but shouldn't cost anything.

Usually I would drive to them and they swop my tool out while I wait.

ps. since your tool is so old, the model may be discontinued. Usually they will replace it with the upgraded model. For example, if you have a Supertool you may get a Supertool 300 as a replacement
    Last edited by sa-shooter; 21-06-2015 at 13:07.

User

I have had fantastic service from awesome tools. I sent directly to them myself. Sorted it out in 2 days

User

Sa-shooter, I have enquired from them regarding engraving, if there is engraving on, they will re engrave on the replacement tool. But not sure if there is a fine print somewhere, lol.

User

I have also had excellent service from Awesome tools. They replaced my Leatherman on the spot. No questions asked. Their waranty unfortunately does not extend to their pouches, so you will have to purchase a pouch separately. The Leatherman Nylon pouches are dirt cheap though and retail for R120.00.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac595 View Post
    Sa-shooter, I have enquired from them regarding engraving, if there is engraving on, they will re engrave on the replacement tool. But not sure if there is a fine print somewhere, lol.
    Now that you mention it, that does ring a bell. I seem to think something like R40 for the replacement engraving but i never had that problem.

User

My local trapers replaced my skeletool. Iirc they charged R60 admin/transport fee. Leatherman replaces yours with a refurbished unit.
    To speed things up my local shop keeps a few replacements in the shop. I took mine in and got another in minutes. Must say the replacement looks and feels brand new and all bits and blades are brand new.

User

This is awesome news.

Will be sad to see her go as I bought the 1st supertool which was Gerry Dolmans (spelling) sample at the time. That was about 24 odd years ago.

I will go the CUM route

Thank you very much

User

I have used my original Super Tool for many years and had it repaired, adjusted, sharpened and lubed a few times at one of the many shows Awesome Tools attended. Mine gets used hard every day, so some wear is expected.

When it needed some more TLC, I brought it to their stand at Huntex. The friendly lady gave it one look and said "Sorry, we can't repair that old model anymore." Before I could expess my disgust, she threw it in a box and handed me a new Super Tool 300!

That is Service!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast