Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Assistance required - IT

Maybe have a look at Microsoft Access as well

User

dAyLiTe is on the page, but on the road currently.

I have emailed Lian.....strange he normally jumps in quickly....havent seen anything from him today.

User

Writing stuff to csv is not a good solution.....at some point you will want to expand and have active data, csv is flat and dead.

Microsof access...erm....not.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    All I know at the moment is that the website is currently a PHP page.
    Unsure if it's enabled for Wordpress atm, will have to speak the current admin on the webpage.

Andycap, if that is a less painful method, then we should look at it, do you have a template we could possibly use?

See your PM

User

We could always direct them from the GOSA page to someone's own wordpress site with a contact form and let their wordpress database capture the data and then ask the person to export the data when ready.

A plugin like this could work: http://ideaboxthemes.com/save-contac...sion-database/

I have a clean Wordpress installation at www.ravingdiode.co.za that is not being used. If someone wants to play around there and test the plugin and the export ability etc they are welcome and can let me know. I will gladly let you use my website for now and you can customise it with one main page just to fill in the contact form for now. When done we can delete it again or create a new one on the GOSA page and just export the data.

Let me know and I will create an administrator account at www.ravingdiode.co.za and you can use it as you see fit. I am busy tonight, but can try help little bit later but my knowledge is limited. However I like to use Wordpress because of all the plugins.

We could maybe install another plugin to let the link show GOSA.co.za instead of ravingdiode.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
    Writing stuff to csv is not a good solution...
    Agreed. Also the security risk of having the csv on your webserver and exposing people's contact details should it be accessed somehow.

I think first prize would be finding out what sort of hosting package you have. It's php enabled already so I'm guessing you should also have a MySQL database or similar included. Then its a simple post function from the contact page, and the data is stored securely.

User

Are you looking for a short term quick data capture, survey style, or long term robust database type thing?

THe reason for asking is that you can build a survey type tool with google docs or similar to post it straight to a google sheet. But it is a very simplistic tool.

Have used it in the past, but only for event registration type stuff in the absence of a behind the scenes database

User

Someone could probably put together a quick php page for this in dreamweaver? Or even just a plain white page with the form if it is a real rush.

When is the dealine?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Are you looking for a short term quick data capture, survey style, or long term robust database type thing?

THe reason for asking is that you can build a survey type tool with google docs or similar to post it straight to a google sheet. But it is a very simplistic tool.

Have used it in the past, but only for event registration type stuff in the absence of a behind the scenes database
    Given that the data was required in excel.... This would probably be the quickest solution.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    When is the dealine?
    Yesterday.

Quick results, yes please.

Longevity, yes please.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast