Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Default Re: Anderkant Cuito - 'n Reisverhaal van die Grensoorlog - Louis Bothma

As mentioned above thanks to all for sharing this with us. It has been a good read.

User

Thank you Daan for making the effort to post and share this amazing journey with us. I will miss the daily update.

User

A recent FB update by Louis Engelbrecht, the son of Cpl Eduard Engelbrecht that was killed at the battle of Savate.
    (See post #194 and further, page 20, in this thread)
    Shared with his permission.

"I would like to remember my father. CPL, EDUARD COETZEE ENGELBRECHT.
    He was killed in Angola war shot dead 1980 May 21st.
    He served in the 32nd Battalion SADF.
    He and a signaler stood their ground and killed 25 FAPLA enemy combatants till they died of their wounds. I never got to meet or know my dad but got the honor to meet his buddies, Leon Grobler and Rick Lobb, his General Gert Nel and a dear friend Col. Stefanus van der Walt and the doctor who took him out the field, Stefaan Bouwer.
    I got to meet the heroes of 32nd Battalion and learned amazing stories about my dad.
    Thanks to Pieter Nortje and Louis Bothma and Mr.Johann Groenewald.
    It was indeed a very emotional time for me but I managed to follow my dad's boots and became a soldier honoring my dad's legacy. Only due to my services could I really understood and relate to his experiences.
    Do I wish I could've been able to sit around a camp fire sharing stories, but at least I can with his buddies.
    My dad's family are truly amazing people; Thomas Siebert,Tina de Beer, Alinda Steyn and Frieda Siebert my dad's sisters and my cousin, have they blessed me with their love and stories about my dad.
    He was very young when he was killed. I miss you dearly dad, how I wish you were here today. You are my hero! Thank you for your service I salute you, Respect and honor to you, your son Louis Engelbrecht."

Louis Engelbrecht: And for those who are interested this is my mom, she died of cancer at a very young age.

"A tribute to the heroes of WEST AFRICA AND SOUTH-AFRICA
    The 32nd Battalion:"

https://www.facebook.com/louis.engelbrecht.52

User

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23