Just saw this on FB, a sad day in PTA. Just managed to get my wife to join and do her first one. Was scheduled for the 19th

https://www.facebook.com/events/600097986769208/

URGENT: The End Of The Pretoria Steel Challenge:
Good day.
I would like to make use of this opportunity to extend a word of thanks to Koos Van Niekerk for the time he allowed us to present the Pretoria Steel Challenge at Vektor Shooting Range. It was a huge success with quite few great new shooters being introduced the world of sport shooting and I am anxious to see their progress in IPSC. There were also many people that have never shot before that were given the opportunity to see whether they like it or not. Having an average of 40% novice shooters and an average of 61 entries per event, I feel that we were very successful in our coal of introducing the shooting sport to new and experienced shooters.
It has however become clear that we are no longer welcome after the departure of Koos from the Chair. I don’t know whether someone got the idea that we were making heaps of money while riding on the backs of Vektor club, or whether it is just out of personal agendas, but the requirements set out in the new MOU are so ridicules that I would be paying in out of my own pocket to present any event with less than 100 entries. Because of the fact that my company is a company by sportsman for sportsman with the coal of making shooting sport accessible to the community in general, rather than bleeding my fellow shooters to death, this is unfortunately not possible for me.
The Pretoria Steel Challenge has thus died a silent death at the hands of the Vektor management.
We are very busy serving our clients and that is the reason why I haven’t being able to reply earlier. We will make arrangements ASAP to remove the pipes from all the ranges and fixing whatever we broke (holes in ground). Thereafter all keys and remotes will be handed back.
Hope you will be able to give as some time to remove the pipes.
All of the best to your club.
Regards
Gys Prinsloo
Sethunya Proficiency
Firearm Training & Trading
083 450 9319
gys@sethunya.net
A very sad day for sportshooting...... :'-(