Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default PTA Steel Challenge - NO MORE

Just saw this on FB, a sad day in PTA. Just managed to get my wife to join and do her first one. Was scheduled for the 19th

https://www.facebook.com/events/600097986769208/

URGENT: The End Of The Pretoria Steel Challenge:
    Good day.
    I would like to make use of this opportunity to extend a word of thanks to Koos Van Niekerk for the time he allowed us to present the Pretoria Steel Challenge at Vektor Shooting Range. It was a huge success with quite few great new shooters being introduced the world of sport shooting and I am anxious to see their progress in IPSC. There were also many people that have never shot before that were given the opportunity to see whether they like it or not. Having an average of 40% novice shooters and an average of 61 entries per event, I feel that we were very successful in our coal of introducing the shooting sport to new and experienced shooters.
    It has however become clear that we are no longer welcome after the departure of Koos from the Chair. I don’t know whether someone got the idea that we were making heaps of money while riding on the backs of Vektor club, or whether it is just out of personal agendas, but the requirements set out in the new MOU are so ridicules that I would be paying in out of my own pocket to present any event with less than 100 entries. Because of the fact that my company is a company by sportsman for sportsman with the coal of making shooting sport accessible to the community in general, rather than bleeding my fellow shooters to death, this is unfortunately not possible for me.
    The Pretoria Steel Challenge has thus died a silent death at the hands of the Vektor management.
    We are very busy serving our clients and that is the reason why I haven’t being able to reply earlier. We will make arrangements ASAP to remove the pipes from all the ranges and fixing whatever we broke (holes in ground). Thereafter all keys and remotes will be handed back.
    Hope you will be able to give as some time to remove the pipes.
    All of the best to your club.
    Regards
    Gys Prinsloo
    Sethunya Proficiency
    Firearm Training & Trading
    083 450 9319
    gys@sethunya.net
    A very sad day for sportshooting...... :'-(

User

Default Re: PTA Steel Challenge - NO MORE

extremely frustrating and annoying! spoke to Gys, more than doubling MOU, its ridiculous!! This seems to be a common problem in the firearm community, if its not hunters vs sport shooters its sport shooters vs each other!!! we should be growing the sport where we can, not killing it off with greed!!!!
    The steel challenge was my first exposure to sport shooting, and the same goes for my girlfriend, I now have DSS, and my GF just purchased her first FA for OSS. If it wasnt for the Steel challenge neither of us would be where we are today!!!
    I wish Gys all the best of luck, and i sincerely hope its back up and running soon!

User

This is truly sad. Someone actually goes out and puts on a really good shoot and gets his own hands dirty and gets shafted. I would love to find out who was involved and why this decision was made.

User

yup and said range and club is hosting a IPSC league next weekend....

Toi-toi hehe

User

Gys is good peoples, hella sad that it went down before I could come around for a shoot.

User

Gys introduced my son and I to Steel Challenge and got us hooked. What an unselfish, knowledgable and awesome individual. Very sad to see that things did not work out for him in Pretoria. Wish him well for the future and hope his business thrives.

User

I do hope that Gys and crew can find a suitable new range soon.

User

I cant comment on any of the "facts" here

But I have had several dealings with Gys in the past, currently, and I hope in the future too. He and his crew is an absolute pleasure to deal with.

I wish him the very best moving forward irrespective of whatever hurdles may be thrown before him

Banned

What a pity!!! I loved the event, and so did my missus. This is a real knock for sport shooting.
    Any luck in moving venue to somewhere like SWAT ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast