Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Archers Edge Wekker Street Pretoria

Okay, so I decided to do the unspeakable and purchase a crossbow in addition to my compound. Due to budget constraints I had to opt for buying second hand and had to do quite a bit of research both on which bow I wanted to buy and on what to look for on a second-hand crossbow before one buys it.

I decided on the Stryker 380 Strykezone by Bowtech. The bow has a fantastic trigger, plenty of power (160 pounds) and is compact and quiet. I inspected the bow and it seemed to be in a very good condition. The owner assured me it has seen less than 50 shots. Unfortunately I could not test-fire it (mistake) as the surroundings in which I bought it did not allow for it.

So, I unpacked the bow at home very excited to try it out. I cocked it, and just as I was done inserting the arrow, I heard "ping" and a tiny splinter lifted from the one limb. Needless to say I was less than impressed, but knew that there was not much I could do in terms of holding the seller responsible. The pictures I took of the bow beforehand also confirmed that there was no mark on the limb prior to cocking it. I believe it was just bad luck and not an intentionally hidden latent defect.

Right, so with a heavy heart I fired the shot (accurate as hell though) and packed up the bow. The next day I phoned Regde from Archers Edge, informed him that I did not purchase the bow from them (for warranty purposes) and asked what his recommendation would be. Redge replied that the limb will have to be replaced and that there would be no warranty applicable as I suspected.

Right so I took the bow in, had the limb replaced (done in about an hour), bought an extra arrow, some rail lube and a safety pin insert. A friend of mine collected the bow later in the day and informed me that the writing on the limb was upside down. I phoned Redge and he explained that on their previous shipment they only received limbs from the one side and that I was welcome to bring the bow in again once they have received new stock to have the limb exchanged at no extra charge.

Right so after work we lined up the target in my backyard again. As started cocking the bow it seemed heavier to cock than it did the day before. I seized cocking it and slowly returned the string to the neutral position.* I compared the setup of the strings to the pictures I had of the bow when I bought it - all seemed the same. I figured I may just be tired.

I cocked it again and halfway through the cock, the dreaded “snap” was heard. The string had been so tight that both the hooks on the pulley had broken off resulting in a dry-fire (luckily only halfway cocked), breaking the string - thankfully no visible damage on the limbs. At this point I was just heartbroken. Something broke both the first and second time I cocked this bow and I knew I had no warranty on the bow.

With a heavy heart I packed everything up and phoned Redge (17:10). I asked Redge if they had test-fired the bow. He was not in the shop when the limb replacement was done and said he would inquire, but asked what the problem was. I explained the tragedy and he asked to see pictures. I sent them.

Redge phoned back at about 17:25. Now this is what he COULD have said:

1. Claimed that they had in fact test fired it and that I must have done something wrong. This would have absolved Archers Edge of any responsibility and I would have no way to disprove what he said.

2. Admitted that they did not test-fire it and said that they would replace the string and cocking hooks only.

This is what Regde did:

He started out by saying how heartbroken he was himself and that he was very sorry for what has happened. He then proceeded to own-up to the fact that the bow was not test fired despite instructions from his wife to the technician to do so. He then inquired if he could arrange for the bow to be picked up from me. Finally he said "We will sort this bow out for you and replace all broken parts...and you may now consider this bow to be under full warranty with us".

I didn't know what to say. I has honestly overwhelmed. Where do you still get service and straight forward honesty like this? *And the warranty?!

I'm hoping to pick the bow up later today. Need I mention that Archers Edge has sealed a client for life? And, you can be sure I'll be singing their praises and spreading this story where ever I go.

Thank you Redge, I consider you a gentleman and a scholar.

Braam Papenfus**

User

Default Re: Archers Edge Wekker Street Pretoria

I bought all my bows from Redge and his team and I can 1000% agree. I bought the 1st Assassin out of that store just when they landed and then upgraded to a Destroyer 350. Always friendly and helpful (even to the guys who shot Hoyts....)

He is a real gentleman Braam. Shop at no other place from now on.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vuilhond View Post
    I'm hoping to pick the bow up later today. Need I mention that Archers Edge has sealed a client for life? And, you can be sure I'll be singing their praises and spreading this story where ever I go
    Alot of companies forget that this is the result of good service

Banned

Good to hear of such service.

User

My personal experience at archers edge has been nothing but stellar. He has actually cost himself money on his own recommendations. They have a long time client here too. One can see whey they are so busy...

User

I would recommend Archers Edge anytime. I have got all my bows sorted there and Redge is a "no bullshit" guy. I drive from Boksburg to Pretoria to get my Archery kit etc just because I trust the guy and I know he will stand by me if I have any issues with what I have bought from him.

User

Yep also personally know Redge and they alway are customer focussed irrespective of the brand of bow you shoot.

User

Just to finalise, my bow was delivered to my door at 18:45 last night in perfect condition.

Jaw-dropping service.

User

I can only echo what has been said above.

100 % Customer satisfaction from these boys !

+1 on all. Their staff is brilliant an Redge is a true gentleman. I bought 4 bows from them over the years. Excellant service and support.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast