Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Surrendered, then shot in the face for R50

Yet another for the 'surrender and you'll be fine' school of thought..

This case was so similar to this one, http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...ery-and-murder that I checked the dates. (For those who remember the video)

It is however not the same case; the above was over a month ago, the case below was last week Thursday.

Nine robbers stormed into the Kibler Park Tops liqueur store. The 64 year old victim held up his hands, and then held out his wallet to one of the robbers, who then shot him in the chest, and as he fell on his back, gave him another shot in the head.

The whole story in Afrikaans:

“My pa was my alles. Ek het hom altyd oor alles geraadpleeg, en ons laaste foongesprek is afgesluit met hom wat sę ‘ek is lief vir jou, my kind’.”
    Só sę Monica van Wyk in die sitkamer van haar huis in Faerie Glen, Pretoria, van haar pa, Johan Stevens (64), wat verlede week Donderdag tydens ’n rooftog doodgeskiet is.
    Van Wyk is met die bekende musiekpromotor Louis van Wyk getroud.
    Stevens is verlede Donderdag in die Spar in Kibler Park in die suide van Johannesburg vir R50 doodgeskiet.
    “My pa het omstreeks 17:30 Spar toe gery om vir hom koeldrank en ’n boksie vla vir my ouma te gaan koop. My oupa is onlangs oorlede en my ouma, wat Alzheimers het, bly by hom,” het Van Wyk snikkend gesę.
    “Hy het uit die Spar uitgestap en in die Tops-drankwinkel ingeloop en hy het net ’n bottel whiskey van die rak afgehaal toe nege rowers wat met AK47-masjiengewere gewapen was by die winkel ingebars het.
    “Mens kan op die beeldmateriaal sien hoe my pa sy hande in die lug opsteek en sy beursie vir een van die rowers aanbied. Hulle skiet hom toe in elk geval in die bors ... en toe hy val ... toe kyk die rower hom in die oë en skiet hom in die gesig ... daar was net R50 in sy beursie,” sę Van Wyk.
    Sy was Dinsdag vol lof vir haar pa toe sy met Netwerk24 gepraat het.
    “Hy was ’n afgetrede skoolhoof, hy het nie geld gehad nie. Maar hy was baie ryk aan liefde – almal was so lief vir hom.”
    Ook Leon Schuster, vermaaklikheidster, het hom goed geken.
    “Hy was die nederigste mens. So sag en plat op die aarde.
    “Ons is baie geruk deur die ding. Ons bly absoluut in ’n abnormale gemeenskap. Hoe 'sad' is dit dat daar sulke wrede mense rondloop. Iemand wat normaal funksioneer skiet nie iemand van daai ouderdom vir R50 nie. Dit is onaanvaarbaar dat so iemand so moet sterf,” het Schuster gesę.
    “Ons is magteloos teen die geweld. Ons is net ’n handjievol – ons sal seker nou supermarkte moet vermy.”
    Stevens se begrafnis vind eerskomende Vrydag in die Forrest Hill NG Kerk plaas

http://www.netwerk24.com/nuus/2015-0...geskiet-dogter

Last edited by Daan; 14-07-2015 at 20:14. Reason: Grammar and spelling

Default Re: Surrendered, then in the face for R50

Ek kners op my tande.
    "Trespassers will be welcomed, and served a light lunch"

That is not robbery. That is just pure hatred and contempt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    That is not robbery. That is just pure hatred and contempt.
    It's a deep seated hatred indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    It's a deep seated hatred indeed.
    Sad but fact.Thank you JM

User

The saddest part about the current state of affairs in SA is that you can get into more shit for making a non PC comment on this incident than what the murderers will get for what they did.

RIP

"My father was my everything. I consulted him about everything, and our last phone conversation ended with him saying 'I love you, my child'. "

Says Monica van Wyk in the living room of her home in Faerie Glen, Pretoria, about her father, Johan Stevens (64), shot last week Thursday, during a robbery.

Van Wyk was married to the famous music promoter Louis van Wyk.

Stevens was shot dead for R50 last Thursday in the Kibler Park Spar, south of Johannesburg.

"At around 5:30PM, my father drove to the Spar to buy himself a cooldrink and some custard for my grandmother.

My grandfather died recently and my grandmother, who has Alzheimer's, is living with him
    "; Van Wyk said sobbing.

"He left the Spar and went into the Tops liquor store. He was getting a bottle of whiskey off the shelf when nine robbers armed with AK-47 machine guns burst in.

"We can see my father in the CCTV footage putting his hands up, and offering his wallet to one of the robbers. They shot him anyway, in the chest ... and as he fell ... the killer looked him in the eyes and shot him in the face ... there was only R50 in his wallet
    "; said Van Wyk.

She praised her father when she talking to Netwerk24.

"He was a retired school principal, he had no money. But he was very rich in love - everyone loved him. "

The comedian, Leon Schuster, also knew him well.

"He was a humble man. So gentle and down to earth.

"We are very shocked by this tragedy. We live in an absolutely abnormal society. How sad it is that such cruel people are walking around. A normal functioning person doesn't shoot an old man for R50. It is unacceptable that he had to die like that
    "; Schuster said.

"We are powerless against the violence. We are only a small handful - we should now probably avoid supermarkets".

Stevens's funeral will take place this Friday at the Forrest Hill N.G. Church.

(Translated from http://www.netwerk24.com/nuus/2015-0...geskiet-dogter)

May my family never have to endure the agony of seeing my last moments on video, especially whilst in the kneeling position.

Condolences to the family.

Just a gentle, humble man. Not a soccer star. Will there be any gnashing of political teeth? Will there be any cry for the removal of AK-47s from our society?

It is difficult not to be angry when one reads things such as these.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit: occidentis telum est.

Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Just a gentle, humble man. Not a soccer star. Will there be any gnashing of political teeth? Will there be any cry for the removal of AK-47s from our society?

It is difficult not to be angry when one reads things such as these.
    It is perverse.

There is a commotion in parliament when a soccer player who cannot keep his dick out of other women who aren't his wife gets gunned down, but no such sympathy for a retired man who gave much of himself to his society and family.

It sickens me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast