Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: DM4

User

Default Re: DM4

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    Have you brought it in for a full test?
    It is not exactly logical to assume your barrel is undersized. That would be almost impossible based on the manufacturing method.
    Overgassing would be the first thing to check, and things like adjustable gas blocks, heavier buffers etc can be experimented with.
    What were the symptoms of the overpressure? Lots of things to be checked. Gas rings worn or not aligned, gas port, gas block, mainspring collapse etc would need to be checked.
    Never is the client told that we have done everything and there is nothing else that be done.
    Well I was that client that was told that to my face, so never say never i guess,

Flatten primers of all ammo commercial 223 and 5.56, and blown primers with some also it sometimes takes a piece of primer with the firing pin into the BCG im also getting about 100 FPS more on average than guys with the same ammo but with 16inch barrels and mine is a 14.5.

I was told the reason for this (1 of the 3 times the rifle and me have been to you guys) that the bullets where too big, that was the reason for the Over pressure, a caliper at a different shop with the same ammo actually revealed that to be a lie.

Also the bullet gets shoved into the lands of the rifling and hard. I have had to MORTOR my gun to clear it. After 2 different gunsmiths that problem now has somewhat gotten better,

Also the gas block was leaking so i had it replaced with a ergo one so its not that anymore, funny though that i was still getting overpressure issues with a leaking gas block.

So in total
    Chamber has been polished twice
    New Gas Block
    New extractor spring and O-Ring
    New Bolt ( Lugs where peening on the original)
    Bore has been lapped
    Chamber Lead has been cut
    Heavy rifle length buffer and buffer tube

So if its not all those things....

Banned

Eish!

There’s your problem, ‘mortoring to clear it’, that chamber is on the extremely tight side, get them to recut and headspace the chamber.

User

I was under the impression that the DM4 used a Truvelo barrel?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    I was under the impression that the DM4 used a Truvelo barrel?
    Nope, was always Musgrave

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    The billet guns will be a separate production and will be more expensive. Security model will still be the regular forging. Billets will only be in a few months.
    We are not experiencing any issues with the rifles aside from being unable to keep up with demand. Production of the lower in SA is underway.
    All rifles come with a full guarantee and all rifles are (and have been for a while) chambered for 5.56mm.
    Bores are highly unlikely to be undersize, they come from Musgrave and are all to spec.
    Any issues, (the few we have are usually older guns) are usually sorted out easily. No issues with parts, aside from the frequent fact that many problems are due to the fact that SAfricans love cheap and nasty bulk ammo no matter if the quality is junk, and it is never the ammo's fault.

Does this mean the Billet guns are going to go to dealers? Are there going to be rifles available any time soon for the someone walking into one of your stores, or should one move on to another supplier/manufacturer?
    ive been asking since November and based on what they are saying, theres not going to be anything available from DSG for the foreseeable future....

User

well seems like an opportunity to me for it to be rectified

User

I just love the comment about bulk ammo... Strange that it runs fine in some rifles... cough cough

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12