Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DM4

User

Default Re: DM4

That might hurt a bit. I am sure they thought about it in the design, but I honestly think the telescopic stocks are sufficient and there is no real reason for a folding stock, especially since it impairs its function.

User

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post
    That might hurt a bit. I am sure they thought about it in the design, but I honestly think the telescopic stocks are sufficient and there is no real reason for a folding stock, especially since it impairs its function.
    As I understand it you can shoot some of those folded stock designs once, there is no movement of the bolt though.

You aren't meant to shoot it like that though.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Kayback View Post
    As I understand it you can shoot some of those folded stock designs once, there is no movement of the bolt though.

You aren't meant to shoot it like that though.
    Yeah, I see it has a little bar that comes up to prevent the bolt carrier group from moving to the rear under recoil. Wouldn't trust it much or recommend using it like that though. I've seen some strange shit happen in my life... and with firearms also...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

I see the 308's available for purchase. I see it is not yet on Dave Sheer's website. Any info on this?

User

I hear tha both the upper and lower is Armalite, which nobody can complain about and I think is great. But heard earlier that the lower was from AeroPrecision. Which is it now? Both are great makes and I can't find fault with any one of the two.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    I hear tha both the upper and lower is Armalite, which nobody can complain about and I think is great. But heard earlier that the lower was from AeroPrecision. Which is it now? Both are great makes and I can't find fault with any one of the two.
    Maybe call and ask them (011)440-0345

Quote Originally Posted by SeanG View Post
    Now that's a novel concept.

User

Quote Originally Posted by SeanG View Post
    Thanks SeanG. I did actually do that and was told by the sales team member that both the upper and lower are Armalite. If you will read on this very website, Davesheer mentioned that the lowers are bought and imported from Aero Precision. Which is it?

I was hoping for a bit of clearity on this.

I think you are talking about the DM4 AR10's which are 7.62x51 which I assume have an Armalite upper and lower. Armalite used to have a lion I believe on their lowers. The ones they talk about on their web site are the DM4 M4/AR varients which would be 5.56 and these have the Aero Precision Lowers you can see in the pics denoted by a big slanted "A" on the side of the lower.

Edit: more info

User

Thanks Pistolboy. That makes a lot of sense.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast