Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: Access to firearm in vehicle

IMO, one of the biggest advantages of Appendix is that the firearm is inside your anatomic work zone. So for purposes of retention and concealment, its easy to just drop your elbow on the grip and clinch down as you feign a foetal crouch and act like you're crying like a wimp.

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    IMO, one of the biggest advantages of Appendix is that the firearm is inside your anatomic work zone. So for purposes of retention and concealment, its easy to just drop your elbow on the grip and clinch down as you feign a foetal crouch and act like you're crying like a wimp.
    As Travis Haley demonstrates in one of this videos for the g-code incog holster.

Banned

For appendix carry, put the lower seat belt strap in place as usual, but let it ride beneath your EDC belt. That way it does not press the gun grip into your stomach; neither is it in the way when drawing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    For appendix carry, put the lower seat belt strap in place as usual, but let it ride beneath your EDC belt. That way it does not press the gun grip into your stomach; neither is it in the way when drawing.
    Precisely what I do...

I also pull my shirt out from under the seat-belts lap section, and let it lie over the gun again.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    I also pull my shirt out from under the seat-belts lap section, and let it lie over the gun again.
    +1
    I find that I can access my firearm a tad quicker with my shirt over the seat belt, it also still conceals very well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I personally think many guys want to do cool guy at the expense of skill development. Youre question thouh is a bit of a how long is a piece of string one.

How solid are your core skills?
    Why do you keep calling it cool guy stuff? I dont want to press the safetybelt release button with my left elbow as I draw with my right hand while Im falling to the left on my back and opening the front passenger window by pressing the button on the driverside console with my right heel and then pull my knees to my chest, extend my feet past my head out the passenger window without losing momentum and end up standing outside my car in the perfect combat isosceles stance.

With regards to my core skills, I still need to train more, I did dot torture at 5m on Friday and scored 18/50 so I need better core skills or is dot torture not a good measure of that?

User

It's cool guy because guys want to do all sort of "tacticool" shit when they can't shoot properly , all in the name of "gunfighting"

Dot torture is a good solid skills test. You need to improve yours based on that result before worrying about combat rolls etc.

Drawing and burning the bad guy down right now is a tactic. As much as this pains some.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    It's cool guy because guys want to do all sort of "tacticool" shit when they can't shoot properly , all in the name of "gunfighting"

Dot torture is a good solid skills test. You need to improve yours based on that result before worrying about combat rolls etc.

Drawing and burning the bad guy down right now is a tactic. As much as this pains some.
    Good to know about the dot torture, will continue with that then thanks! And BigT, I was joking about doing rolls man

User

Appendix carry works best for me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6