Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Carrying a firearm as a woman in South Africa? - A Women's Month Message

I also carry a CZ75 with me everyday, but will be moving over to the P10C the moment the budget allows for it.
    My wife is in the position to EDC her SP01 shadow around the house, but mostly carries her P07 when going out.
    Something BIG and heavy is likely to stay in the safe and not by your side.

My suggestion would be to get something small and concealable, like Helkitty says. I would seriously give her a call and have a good chat with her. She knows her stuff (and can shoot pretty damn well....)

User

Default Re: Carrying a firearm as a woman in South Africa? - A Women's Month Message

Well i did not mean it like its a hand cannon lol. I really like the beretta and will stick with it. Nothing worth achieving is easy, it takes dedication and perceverance.
    CZ75 is a nice model, my brother had one, really nice to shoot with.
    The shotty stays in the safe, but is ready when serious fire power is required if my castle is under siege.
    I also sourced 2 x 30 round magazines for the beretta to keep potential besiegers occupied.
    Between the 2 standard magazines and the 30 round magazines there are 90 rounds available.

User

Very well written, I believe many a man can learn from your article as well. Gave it to my wife to read as she only recently, as in a week ago, started edc. She still struggle with holster choices but it for her to work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Armed1 View Post
    Well i did not mean it like its a hand cannon lol. I really like the beretta and will stick with it. Nothing worth achieving is easy, it takes dedication and perceverance.
    CZ75 is a nice model, my brother had one, really nice to shoot with.
    The shotty stays in the safe, but is ready when serious fire power is required if my castle is under siege.
    I also sourced 2 x 30 round magazines for the beretta to keep potential besiegers occupied.
    Between the 2 standard magazines and the 30 round magazines there are 90 rounds available.
    Just make sure to function test those 30-round magazines with your carry ammo properly. They're not known for their reliability.

User

I have been carrying the beretta the last 2 days and its not bad.
    The holster is nice (Fobus BR-2) It has a curved part that fits over your hip and a soft silicon type inside.
    Tested the 30 round magazines this weekend at the shooting range with carry ammo and it performed flawlessly :)
    Happy over all with everything.
    Have a small case that I want to fit out with foam rubber and compile a kit consisting of the beretta, 4 magazines, ammunition, uplula, cleaning kit, ear plugs etc.
    Easy to take to shooting range :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Armed1 View Post
    Beretta FS92 here.
    Not comfy, big and heavy but like HellKitty said its not supposed to be comfy, its for protection.
    Not carrying everyday yet but carrying more and more.
    Will definitely take with when on road trips exploring SA.
    As for protecting my castle, I also got a 12 bore pump action.
    Hope i never have to use deadly force however one can not exclude it, its part of life, there will always be those looking
    to harm and hurt others and i'd rather be prepared and able than a defence less duck.
    In this country one can only depend on your self and must take repsonsibility for your own safety.
    All pointless if you aren't actually carrying the thing.

I wouldn't rely on those 30 round mags for plinking never mind actually saving lives.

User

You right, im carrying as much as possible, only had beretta for 3 months now, getting in the habit :)
    The 30 round magazines is mostly for the shooting range, I do not use them when carrying the beretta.
    The beretta is in the top drawer right beside my bed every night.

User

Armed1, how is this at all relevant to woman who edc?

User

You are right, its not, please accept my apology

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4