Default Question Help please

Hi there
    I wonder if anyone knows
    If i already have a handgun licence but i want to purchase another weapon, do I have to go through the whole licence process again or is there a quicker way. I dont want to keep the old weapon. i only want the once licence
    Thanks
    John

User

Quote Originally Posted by john.reeves45 View Post
    Hi there
    I wonder if anyone knows
    If i already have a handgun licence but i want to purchase another weapon, do I have to go through the whole licence process again or is there a quicker way. I dont want to keep the old weapon. i only want the once licence
    Thanks
    John
    Hi John,
    Every firearm requires a license. So yes, if you want another handgun/rifle/shotgun, then you will have to go through the licensing process again, assuming you already have your SAPS competency card.

Do some reading around the licensing process on the forum, should fill the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by john.reeves45 View Post
    Hi there
    I wonder if anyone knows
    Thanks
    John
    Hi John

If you already have competency, then you only need to apply for a new firearm licence, but you will have to do an additional letter stating that you will sell/surender to police(last option) your old firearm once the new licence has been approved. You can ask you local gunshop to perhaps help you with a letter stating that you will hand the firearm in to them so that they perhpas can try and sell it for you, otherwise they can store it while you try and sell it youself.

Regards