Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: 3GN arrives in Pta!

Thanks a lot, pdh. Looking forward to more information on this!

User

Thanks for the info, Khumba and pdh. I look forward to hearing more info about the Gauteng 3GN in due course.

Super keen!

User

All shooters who participate in DMG (SADPA) and/or 3 Gun (SAPSA) should support 3GN, as far possible, at whatever clubs the matches are presented because our "sport" is under threat with the MSR licencing issues and the scrutiny that sport shooting and more so DSS is undergoing.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    All shooters who participate in DMG (SADPA) and/or 3 Gun (SAPSA) should support 3GN, as far possible, at whatever clubs the matches are presented because our "sport" is under threat with the MSR licencing issues and the scrutiny that sport shooting and more so DSS is undergoing.
    Roger that, Khumba.

It's critically important that we crank up the activity level of ALL sport-shooting, and particularly 3GN, DMG, 3 Gun.

In this light, HellKitty and I are pleased to have been selected to help run this match. See ya all on the range!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Yip this, exactly the reason why, at this stage I am out. Just got the news that my license was refused (no reason yet)

Khumba do you think I can get some letter from the club that I entered to motivate for a temp license ?

User

Bump, any news?

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Yeah, all the SO/ROs are meeting tomorrow to brief... and doubtless wade into the hopelessly complex and confusing rulebook... Dammit! I thought IDPA was supposed to be The Game of Rules...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

It seems to me 3GN is less complex, just a new scoring method to learn and a few other thingies.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Yeah, all the SO/ROs are meeting tomorrow to brief... and doubtless wade into the hopelessly complex and confusing rulebook... Dammit! I thought IDPA was supposed to be The Game of Rules...
    Paul, it's 25 pages. Made up of 4 pages of safety,4 of scoring,11 of division requirements and the balance of range commands & amendments. Pretty straight forward as we have found.

The shooters need to know there is nothing different or scary. It's like any other DMG or IPSC match, watch the 180, safe transitions and have fun and go fast. Paper targets only need 2 hits anywhere on the paper or 1 hit in the centre 8 " circle, there is no -0 or A to aim at to get maximum points. Slap 2 on the paper and transition, hit your steel first time and you are going to do well.

RO/SO's the scoring is where it looks difficult , but you will work out that most calls are Misses or Failure to Engage (FTE). It gets a little more complicated when you have targets at different distances, and other calls, but have your rule book handy and get your answer there. Rather get the right answer,it only costs a few extra minutes, then guess and potentially ruin someone's match.

Enjoy this first match in Gauteng, Good luck to Phil and the RO's. Shooters have a great fun filled match.

3GN SA will be doing Club development in Gauteng and surrounding areas starting in the New Year. Golden City, Premier and Ngodwana have so far shown an interest and we are making arrangements to help setup & run the first club match.

If your club is interested in 3GN ,contact us at info@3gunnation-sa.com

User

What divisions will there be on saturday? Open, standard and manual pump on sg? Rifle open and standard (does eos put you in open division?)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast