Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default SAFM Forum @8 1 October (GFSA and SAGA)

For everyone who missed the talk this morning, here's the podcast:

http://iono.fm/e/214037

Police Commissioner Riah Phiyega has called for serious attention with regard to illegal gun circulation in South Africa. She says violent attacks against citizens, including killings of police officers, must be fought fiercely and aggressively as part of government's endeavors to build safer communities. The police commissioner says despite the destruction of millions of illegal guns by the police, which contributed to 1.6% decrease in illegal gun circulation, there are still many many guns in wrong hands in this country. Sakina Kamwendo speaks to Director and research coordinator of the Flemish Peace Institute Tomas Baum, Lobbying and Advocacy Director of Gun Free South Africa Adele Kirsten and Advocate John Welch of Gun Owners Association

I don't know about anyone else, but I never hear about GFSA or SAGA being on the radio until after the fact.

User

Default Re: SAFM Forum @8 1 October (GFSA and SAGA)

Don't know if I have the energy for Adele, but shit, let me power through. Thanks for the link.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16 View Post
    Don't know if I have the energy for Adele, but shit, let me power through. Thanks for the link.
    At least John Welch is given a few crumbs of airtime to respond.

User

Man I hate this woman with a passion.

She is not concerned with illegal guns WHATSOEVER.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16 View Post
    Man I hate this woman with a passion.

She is not concerned with illegal guns WHATSOEVER.
    I don't know whether she has an opinion of her own. She seems to be nothing more than a parrot.

User

maybe she should focus on illegal possession of SAPS firearms, first.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDijeaux View Post
    For everyone who missed the talk this morning, here's the podcast:

http://iono.fm/e/214037

Police Commissioner Riah Phiyega has called for serious attention with regard to illegal gun circulation in South Africa. She says violent attacks against citizens, including killings of police officers, must be fought fiercely and aggressively as part of government's endeavors to build safer communities. The police commissioner says despite the destruction of millions of illegal guns by the police, which contributed to 1.6% decrease in illegal gun circulation, there are still many many guns in wrong hands in this country. Sakina Kamwendo speaks to Director and research coordinator of the Flemish Peace Institute Tomas Baum, Lobbying and Advocacy Director of Gun Free South Africa Adele Kirsten and Advocate John Welch of Gun Owners Association

I don't know about anyone else, but I never hear about GFSA or SAGA being on the radio until after the fact.
    From this debate, I think AK was out of her depth between Mr Thomas Baum and Mr John Welch, should you have someone like this Mr Thomas Baum as the lead for GFSA, you will be able to have a more rational discussion regarding gun control in South Africa and better cooperation between the 2 sides to do the right thing and thereby achieving a lot more in reducing crime, gun deaths, etc.

AK has blinkers on and a one track mind and her one and only focus is the physical "Gun". She seems to have made it a "personal" mission. She does not comprehend that even if you take away all the physical guns, the criminals WILL use the next available option, i.e. Knifes / Baseball Bats / etc. to do their robberies / killing / etc.

To add: she is a fucken hindrance in this country, part of the problem and not the solution, she is wasting Time and money where this could be applied better
    Last edited by CZ Fan; 01-10-2015 at 13:11. Reason: added text

Is AK a vegan? Just asking... would make A LOT of sense

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Fan View Post
    She does not comprehend that even if you take away all the physical guns, the criminals WILL use the next available option, i.e. Knifes / Baseball Bats / etc. to do their robberies / killing / etc.
    Yip. The guys who worked for me told me many stories of how people in their neighbourhoods got stabbed with broken bottles, cut with boxcutters, moered to death with hammers, etc. That's aside from the usual stabbings and shootings.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Fan View Post
    should you have someone like this Mr Thomas Baum as the lead for GFSA, you will be able to have a more rational discussion regarding gun control in South Africa
    But you couldn't!

Because the entire basis for GFSA's argument is fictional... ie. ANTI-rational.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast