Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Re: CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING RANGE

I have shot at a range that charges for a round (25) of clays with gn hire and ammo R350. If you bring you own gun and ammo the price is around R120 and I think that's a fare price considering you have someone on every round pressing the button for the trap and recording score.

Maybe chat to one of the chaps from an established clay range for some advise. If you want, PM me and I'll send you the details for one of the exco of the Centurion Shotgun Club. They run a decent affordable range and have club membership wth reduced rates for rounds shot and a rate for nonmembers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawagga View Post
    Forgive my ignorance guys..... How would I handle those who wish to "launch" their own clays ie: with hand-throwers or their own manual spring-launcchers..??
    I would actually welcome that if I were you, because those will be you return customers right? People with their own gear?

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    I have shot at a range that charges for a round (25) of clays with gn hire and ammo R350. If you bring you own gun and ammo the price is around R120 and I think that's a fare price considering you have someone on every round pressing the button for the trap and recording score.

Maybe chat to one of the chaps from an established clay range for some advise. If you want, PM me and I'll send you the details for one of the exco of the Centurion Shotgun Club. They run a decent affordable range and have club membership wth reduced rates for rounds shot and a rate for nonmembers.
    Thanks.... will do!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wyka View Post
    I would actually welcome that if I were you, because those will be you return customers right? People with their own gear?
    Agreed... but would I charge for time on the range or amount of clays thrown/ launched, or a combo of both?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawagga View Post
    Agreed... but would I charge for time on the range or amount of clays thrown/ launched, or a combo of both?
    I would say time? As you would want to encourage them to buy into the sport, and thus visit your range more often.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

I think if the price is right the hand launchers will quickly use the facilities. That being said if you have guys wanting to hand launch, and it'll probably be because of budget or lack thereof, I suppose you can charge them a fee for a set time slot if it busy (X amount for 1hr or part thereof) and if it's quiet perhaps you tell them they can they pay once off and can shoot till someone else wants a slot? That way guys on a shoe string budget will keep coming back and you cover cost and make a wee bit too. Also look at selling clays to them if at all possible.

FYI; With the clays you can expect about 10% breakage in the box.
    Last edited by CorditeCrazy; 01-10-2015 at 21:17.

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    I think if the price is right the hand launchers will quickly use the facilities. That being said if you have guys wanting to hand launch, and it'll probably be because of budget or lack thereof, I suppose you can charge them a fee for a set time slot if it busy (X amount for 1hr or part thereof) and if it's quiet perhaps you tell them they can they pay once off and can shoot till someone else wants a slot? That way guys on a shoe string budget will keep coming back and you cover cost and make a wee bit too. Also look at selling clays to them if at all possible.

FYI; With the clays you can expect about 10% breakage in the box.
    Nice advice! Will develop my fee structure along these lines. Thanx!

User

since you have other ranges look at offering some combos as well.

some guys with lots of guns and time may enjoy getting to shoot all in one go.

or maybe a increase flat rate for use of the entire range but charge for consumables that some ranges give for free, like targets/stands/clays etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2