Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Looking for feedback on the Grand Power X-CALIBUR

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a more dedicated competition gun and my local shop has an X-CALIBUR in stock.

I really like the look of the gun and it ticks the right boxes for me, but my only concern is that I have seen three of these guns fail on various IPSC leagues I have been shooting in. Two were pretty bad continuous jams and the third was a gun who's chamber blew up.

I am keen to get some feedback from others who have this gun on how reliable they are with their reloads (since this is all I would be shooting for club and league shoots). IN particular what reloads are you using (127 or 147 grain, OAL).

I will see if the shop would let me put some of my reloads through this gun to see reliability, it is a gun that was purchased and then the buyer changed his mind, so it may already have been shot at the shops range and then I would expect they would have no problems with me function testing it.

Also apart from the X-CALIBUR is anyone aware of any good competition guns (IPSC production) sitting in stock at any shops in the country at the moment. I am aware of the shadow and I know this is a great gun, but everyone has one and I would just like to look at something different!

Default Re: Looking for feedback on the Grand Power X-CALIBUR

The one gun i regret selling. I really liked the Xcal, it shoots well. Mine was 100% reliable. It shot best with 124gn bullets IMO. Great service also from MRST.

At the current price i would advise you to look at the Shadow, its really hard gun to beat (did i just say that?). If you want something different, maybe a Tanfo, CZ P09, Arsenal Strike One and Sig p320. End of the day, any reliable pistol will work.

User

I had one. They shoot best with lighter bullets.

If you buy one upgrade all your mag springs with 20 round mag springs. That way you won't be replacing recoil springs all the time.

User

A club member has one here in PE and he hasn't had any issues with it and he just won Production at EP Champs, so in the right hands it works.

User

Big T can you elaborate? I am sure you don't mean that the bigger mag spring reduces wear on the recoil spring but rather that when the recoil spring does wear a bigger mag spring makes it feed more reliably?

Also can you confirm that normal gp100 mags work with the Xcalabur?

User

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    Big T can you elaborate? I am sure you don't mean that the bigger mag spring reduces wear on the recoil spring but rather that when the recoil spring does wear a bigger mag spring makes it feed more reliably?

Also can you confirm that normal gp100 mags work with the Xcalabur?

Yup it's the same mags.

At 2000 rounds ,and I've seen this in a couple XCal's, the recoil spring weakens to the point that rounds start nose diving into the ramp. By upgrading the mag springs you out this off to a more usual 4-5000 round recoil spring replacement schedule.

User

Sigh... Looks like i was mistaken the gun in the shop was the x-trim and not the x-calibur.

Now I am torn... Almost walked out with a shadow but at the last minute remembered that I have been lusting over the x-calibur for a while now and if I bought the shadow I would get home and be like the guy who saved up for a porsche and got talked into buying a massarati then when he drives it home he realises he is a porsche fan!

Anyone here looking to sell their x-calibur?

User

Get hold of Guy at MRST, he may know of someone of even have a 2nd hand one. It was his one that I shot up at Nationals.

User

Sigh... Looks like i was mistaken the gun in the shop was the x-trim and not the x-calibur.

Now I am torn... Almost walked out with a shadow but at the last minute remembered that I have been lusting over the x-calibur for a while now and if I bought the shadow I would get home and be like the guy who saved up for a porsche and got talked into buying a massarati then when he drives it home he realises he is a porsche fan!

What if you buy the x-calibur and shoot someone else's Shadow and realize that you are actually a Shadow Fan?
    Sorry I just had to

User

Quote Originally Posted by bronxlive View Post
    What if you buy the x-calibur and shoot someone else's Shadow and realize that you are actually a Shadow Fan?
    Sorry I just had to
    Touche'

But that would be a risk I would need to take. As I said I don't think the shadow is a bad choice, probably a better gun, but I just always liked the x-calibur.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast