Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
Or it may tip people over to say, jis, all will not be lost, there is a plan on the table, I am buying that other firearm (and not sell everything in the light of what is to come), and I will continue with x activity.
Consensus need not imply unanimous support. This is something we impose upon ourselves to ensure survival of our sport and, even beyond that, our right to defend our lives and those under our protection.

The voluntary model has failed with a spectacular whimper. As usual the ones who are committed and truly dedicated must carry the can for the rest. Thats the way it works in all spheres of life, why should firearm ownership be any different? And I'm fine with that even if it doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy... If someone doesnt support us, at least get out of the way and let the rest get on with it.

We are ALL in the fight. Some are on the front lines, some are in the back, some dont care and possibly most dont know. Hopefully attitudes change as the NOI gains momentum and starts beating back out opposition.

The sport associations will also have a role to play in the changing of attitudes if they truly are behind the NOI, as indeed all reports indicate they are.

Doing nothing is also an option but keeping your head in the sand will just make it easier to take your guns. Just as easy for the "lone house on the prairie " guys that shout as loud as they can "you cant force me to do anything". Without the NOI you will be forced to do a lot of things you dont want to do... Without a body like the NOI we have ALREADY BEEN FORCED TO DO MANY THINGS WE DONT WANT TO DO.

And it will only get worse if we cant organize ourselves.