Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    Can anyone please assist me?, this is driving me insane...
    So... I've received my brand new CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow 9mmP firearm in October 2019, with three 17+2 round Mec-Gar magazines with the blue followers.

From the start the magazines were having issues, whereby they wouldn't free fall out of the firearm when the release button was pressed, the mags would only eject about a quarter and get stuck.
    I first thought it was the coating, however after a lot of dry fire practice and live fire it was still doing the same.
    So after months and months, only 1 out of the 3 mags drop (eject) freely as it should (all the way and falls on the ground), the other two are still getting stuck a quarter of the way.

Can you kindly advise a DIY fix to sort out this problem? I do NOT have cash just to buy new ones etc...
    Do you think this will fix the issue: https://www.jizni.co.za/magazines-cz-75-b/1049-eemann-magazine-spring-mec-gar-19-round.html

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, form someone that has experienced the same issues...
    Try pressing the mag release slowly to see if they are hanging up on it or somewhere else.

I relieved the inside of the mag release where on full depression it was contacting the mag.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Default Re: CZ Shadow

Check the tightness of the rubber grips as well.
    They have been known to be screwed in too tight thereby affecting mag release

User

@SSP I really don't think it could be anything to do with the mag release button, because the one that actually works ejects perfectly whether the slide is on slide lock, forward or even if the firearm is tilted a bit, although in the beginning it was also "sticky"...

It's very difficult to determine if it gets caught up on something I even checked with the slide removed, however when the mag release button is pressed it does pop out about a quarter of the way no issues....
    I haven't checked the screws on the rubber grips if I loosen them if that could solve the problem... LET ME TRY THAT...

@SSP I really don't think it could be anything to do with the mag release button, because the one that actually works ejects perfectly whether the slide is on slide lock, forward or even if the firearm is tilted a bit, although in the beginning it was also "sticky"...

It's very difficult to determine if it gets caught up on something I even checked with the slide removed, however when the mag release button is pressed it does pop out about a quarter of the way no issues....
    I haven't checked the screws on the rubber grips if I loosen them if that could solve the problem... LET ME TRY THAT...
    Cool. I had the same problem with the same gun and the same mags.

I relieved the mag release and no longer have the problem.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post
    Check the tightness of the rubber grips as well.
    They have been known to be screwed in too tight thereby affecting mag release
    SIR You are a genius it was literally just that, it took me less than one minute... the two screws on the rubber grips, I'm so shocked and happy at the same time... THANK YOU.

User

@SSP, thanks for all the suggestions, as I said it was literally just the two screws on the rubber grips,they were too tight... All sorted, I still can't believe that...

User

I know this is an old thread but let me see whether any Shadow 1 owners can assist me:
    Which OWB kydex holster would you recommend for the SP-01?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Samanjo View Post
    I know this is an old thread but let me see whether any Shadow 1 owners can assist me:
    Which OWB kydex holster would you recommend for the SP-01?
    Well, it depends on what specifically you would be using it for.

But I bought this holster about a year ago, and for the price (R975-00) it is really an excellent holster that said it's more aimed at IPSC than any other discipline. I'm not sure if that holster would be "legal" in IDPA (SADPA).

https://jizni.co.za/holsters-shadow-...shadow-12.html

FYI: The belt clip attachment in the picture is not what I received with mine. This is the exact holster with the belt attachment I received.

https://ghostinternational.com/product/hybrid/

PS: I bought the exact same one for my Glock 19X as well.
    The holster is not kydex, but thermo plastic.
    I also have this holster for the Shadow, I believe this is more aimed at IDPA etc,

https://jizni.co.za/holsters-shadow/...01-shadow.html

User

I also have this holster for the Shadow, I believe this is more aimed at IDPA etc,

https://jizni.co.za/holsters-shadow/...01-shadow.html
    Thank you for your response
    I need a holster which complies with SADPA rules, which is similar to IDPA. I'm sure the Army Ant Lieutenant holster will work
    Before I order such a holster, can you perhaps send me photos of what the holster looks like with the pistol holstered inside it and maybe a photo of the holster as it fits on a belt on your hip?
    I will really appreciate it
    If you can assist with photos, send me a PM and I will provide you with a phone number to where you can send the photos

User

Quote Originally Posted by Samanjo View Post
    Thank you for your response
    I need a holster which complies with SADPA rules, which is similar to IDPA. I'm sure the Army Ant Lieutenant holster will work
    Maybe someone with in depth knowledge about the rules of SADPA could perhaps confirm if this holster
    https://ghostinternational.com/product/hybrid/
    will be "legal" to use, because in my opinion, this is just a better holster overall than the Army Ant, another feature of the GHOST holster it's designed for an optic, as to the Army Ant is not compatible with an optic.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast