Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Show & Tell Time: Let's see your Day, Patrol, Hiking, Bug out Bag, SAS Pack

So guys show us what you pack into your typical pack, be it for a day hike, an operation, Sport, Hunting, anything.

I've got quite the fetish for building a pack loadout, and seeing as I finally broke down and picked up a Camelbak Trizip pack and started repacking my old pack out. I figured I would see what the other guys are using and of course their purpose. You never know there is always something to improve on or rather just perve over.

So I suggest this sort of template:

Pack Name:
    Type:
    Use:
    Contents:
    Pictures:

---------------------------------------

Pack Name: Camelbak Trizip Hydration in Multicam
    Type: 1 Day/Patrol pack
    Use: Varies (hiking, APU and BUG). The contents vary a little depending on use but not much a couple small things that change.

Contents:

I'm going to break it down into categories:

Clothes: Soft Shell, Underwear, Boot Socks, Long Sleeve shirt (can always cut the sleeves off if needed, saves keeping 2 shirts), Beanie, Camelbak Vent Gloves, Bandanna, Poncho, Shemagh (but that is usually left behind)

Food/Cooking: I'm a big fan of MRE meals, I find them easy to use, take up less space, and are decent tasting. I make my own though in that I use the SurePAK MRE with everything except the main meal, and I like to rather keep TacQM single meal as it's better tasting. I usually keep 3 full MRE's as I like to eat!

Keep a couple energy bars extra, as well as GU Energy Gel, and BioPlus as well as Rehydrate.

I carry an Esbit stove with 8 fuel tablets and 2 dixies. They all fold into a neat package with a small towel inside which stops the rattling.

Water: The pack has a 3lt resevoir, which depending on what I'm going depends if it gets used. If i'm wearing my plate carrier then no, as I have a 3lt hydration Bladder on the carrier. I also keep 1lt SADF canteen with firebucket strapped to the side of the pack.

Keep water purification tablets enough for 12lt of water as they are light, and incredibly versatile. (I'm going to add a life straw water purifier as it is also compact)

Lighting: For lighting purposes I keep a head lamp that is also capable of red illumination, a "tactical" torch inside the pack and a few glow sticks.

Fire Making: I really suck at making fire, so I carry a host of fire making devices. I keep 3 bic lighters all wrapped up in duct tape and electrical tape, a box of matches, and a magnesium fire starter. I have them compartmentalized all over the pack as to reduce the chance of all of sources being rendered unusable. I also keep above mentioned fuel tablets as well as cotton balls in vaseline.

Shelter: Shelter I have a SADF ground sheet which can do numerous jobs, 2 space blankets, Poncho and my sleeping bag (which is one of those things that is only attached when needed, but it has grown legs. Suggestions for a black/brown replacement?

Medical: On my pack I carry a fully stocked rip away IFAK pouch:

Wound dressings x 5 (various sizes)
    Gauze packs (10) x 2
    Elasticated Bandage x 1
    Gloves x 5
    Shears x 1
    Chest Seal x 1
    Tourniquet x 1 (usually have another one on me)
    Naso Airway tube x 1
    Quickclot EMT Gauze x 1
    OLAES Dressing x 1
    Tape x 1
    Eye Patch x 1
    Epipen x 1
    Criti valve x 1
    Safety Pins x about 6 or so
    Plasters
    Immodium
    Celestamine
    Panado
    Myprodol

I also keep in the pack a fish hook with the barb removed and light weight gut, serves dual purpose of fishing and make shift stitching of clothes or a person if need be, rehydrate x 4

Other:

Folding Blade, Lasher Kukri Machete (need to find a place to mount it to this new pack), black bin bags x 2, cable ties, small knife sharpener, batteries, ammo, compass, maps, small power bank, pens, paper, sunblock, bug repellent, foldable spade, a couple printed pictures of my loves ones and animals, flash drive with personal documents in password protected file, couple hard copies of identification documents, about R200 in various denominations.

I'm also looking to add a hand held radio setup but not sure if I should go the licensed route or unlicensed, as well as a fixed blade survival knife although the only time I don't have on one me when using the pack is when I'm hiking.

Pictures:

I will post some when I'm back from work.

I know my kit borders on a more BOB type setup, but I figure I like to cover as many bases as I can, rather be over prepared than under, so it's overkill for all my usual "pack" activities but at least "if" it ever needs to go beyond it's kind of ready.

User

Default Re: Show & Tell Time: Let's see your Day, Patrol, Hiking, Bug out Bag, SAS Pack

Looking good Stevin! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

User

Default Re: Show & Tell Time: Let's see your Day, Patrol, Hiking, Bug out Bag, SAS Pack

I'll play.

Condor Compact Assault pack
    EDC pack for daily commuting.
    Keeps my EDC together and also serves as a go bag.

Tools:

Leatherman raptor.
    Smith and Wesson HRT dagger.
    Magnifying glass.
    Picquic teeny turner and full size six pac.
    Gerber ceramic blade sharpener.
    Folding spline key set.
    Insulation tape/duct tape and paracord.
    Leatherman micra and small LED light.

Food:
    Race food fast bars x6
    Gu caffeine gells x6
    Biogen GOZO x1 bottle

Odds and ends:
    Dri mac wind breaker.
    AA/AAA/18650 spare batteries.
    Light sticks (12hr)
    500 in small change
    7200mah powerbank
    Cable bag (5pin micro usb/ usb extension/ Aux cable/ usb 18650 battery charger plus others.)
    Fenix headlamp
    Jetbeam tac lite. (BC25SE)
    PSP pouch with OTC meds in.
    Pepper spray.
    IFAK attached to side of the bag.
    NCstar Monocular (thanks TacQm)
    Dental floss
    Wet wipes.

I think thats about it. Bag has helped me a ton of times, does draw attention but not too much.

User

User

Pictures as promised.

Need to get multicam IFAK pouch, and the mag pouch is going to be replaced with radio pouch. I'm considering getting some PALS webbing stitched to the inside of the pack tracing the outside. Just because it adds options to cinch stuff down inside.

I don't really carry any tools as such in the pack as I prefer to keep it on me, the only time I don't carry a multitool is at work because I just don't have pocket space and I'm not putting it on my belt to attract attention to my belt line as its a bit close to the edc piece. Especially in the locations I work in.

My gear is kind of tiered 1st, 2nd, 3rd line.

An an example of 1st line (APU):

Missing is my utility pouch (with some basic survival gear, food stuff), and my small fixed blade.

2nd line:

Plate carrier

Usually have most of my tools/navigation stuff on here but looking to move some of it to the belt. Only thing I haven't figured out is water on the belt. As the idea is that if you dump the carrier you are still able to survive with what you have on first line.

Of of course all these tiers change depending on situation and environment, aka. Hiking, EDC,
    Urban etc...not like I'm going on a hike with a battle belt and plate carrier... Although the reactions would be priceless.

User

Pleased to see a Tq on your plate carrier.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Medic View Post
    Pleased to see a Tq on your plate carrier.
    I actually usually carry 4 in me if using all 3 tiers so to say. 2 on the plate carrier, the other one is just to the left of the mag pouches under the gloves next to a pair of flex cuffs.

I also isually ally elastic one to the IFAK on my belt, and one in the med pouch on my pack. Safe to say I'm pretty scared of bleeding out (or a person with me).

i also EDC one with a small vacuum packed med kit in my back left pocket.

User

No such thing as too many. They have more uses than what most people think.

Imagine this scenario:

Post contact, you check yourself 1 round to left calf this is a bleeder, bone intact and leg can bare weight to your immediate right is a team member that collected what looks like 2 hits, 1 mid thigh and 1 in the plate carrier there is visable bleeding from the plate carrier wound which leads you to believe the bullet found a way through.

Your first priority is self aid, due to the position of the injury to yourself a pressure dressing is inadequate to slow the bleed and you decide it needs direct pressure. This ties up your hands, your buddy is bleeding out.... decisions decisions. Enter the Tq, this can be applied firm enough to act as a direct preasure aid and leave your hands to treat your buddy. He will require at least 1 Tq himself.
    You see where I am going with this...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Medic View Post
    No such thing as too many. They have more uses than what most people think.

Imagine this scenario:

Post contact, you check yourself 1 round to left calf this is a bleeder, bone intact and leg can bare weight to your immediate right is a team member that collected what looks like 2 hits, 1 mid thigh and 1 in the plate carrier there is visable bleeding from the plate carrier wound which leads you to believe the bullet found a way through.

Your first priority is self aid, due to the position of the injury to yourself a pressure dressing is inadequate to slow the bleed and you decide it needs direct pressure. This ties up your hands, your buddy is bleeding out.... decisions decisions. Enter the Tq, this can be applied firm enough to act as a direct preasure aid and leave your hands to treat your buddy. He will require at least 1 Tq himself.
    You see where I am going with this...
    Indeed. My thought is that in a scenario where there is contact chances are high that members could possibly sustain multiple hits as you have mentioned. Like you also mentioned it frees up hands, be it on me or someone else this allows them to remain "useful" or "in the fight". Rather than just lying there applying pressure, granted it's not a cure all, but a great option.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

I use a Camelbak BFM

I pretty much follow the Sas packing list but add some extras:
    Socks X 2 pairs in ziplock bag
    Prep cream for chafing
    Hand held GPS and spare batteries.
    Drimac
    Thermal underware in ziplock bag
    Extra MREs
    An extra 2L water bottle
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast