Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Got a call today - this dog is available at SPCA 9 months old. They say GSP -----

Was a close call to adopting - but 3 dogs in town is a bit much.

User

Default Re: Got a call today - this dog is available at SPCA 9 months old. They say GSP -----

Strange then that the one hunting at 7 months was a dog. They are all individuals and develop at their own pace, which is why I placed my pups with specific owners.

The only negative thing I can say about dogs compared to bitches, they don't make good lapdogs ;)

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    I say its a Weimaraner cros - both sporting dogs both good breeds, and both likely dogs for same kinda dog owner person.
    What you think she is.
    Any knowledge of this crossAny info at all.

Snap!!!!Could be the same litter, born 12th Jan 2015, in the field from 7 weeks, now 10 months and is the best bird dog I have ever owned. Cross Vizsla/GSP
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Wow that's a nice dog.

And pointer / weimaraners have the sweetest temperaments.

If I didn't already have 4 APBT's I'd snap this one up. :(

Quote Originally Posted by johannvdg View Post
    For the best results start the moment you get them. But I have seen guys start as late as a year and still get satisfactory results.

Progression differs based on individuals, to illustrate, all my dogs get the same treatment and I have had one hunt ready at just shy of 7 months, while another was only at this point at 18 months, with anything in between.

Best advice I can give, do not take a dog out prematurely, and if you can swing it, let a buddy do the shooting on the first few outings.
    Mine was in the field at 7 weeks, with her handler but close to me all of the time.
    Grab the pup!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Went visit dog today, yusslike but its a beaut. Any case was reconsidering when I was told some one in Durban is having it flown to them. ____ gunsite ????? --- happy for dog.

let me know where he ends up, please.

User

Oh, good, I am glad somebody took him. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2