Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Hybrid holster recommendations for P-07?

So while I'm waiting for my comp and license cards to be printed I thought I'd pick up an IWB holster.

Being a noob I've had to do some extensive reading on the subject and from what I can surmise, it basically comes down to personal preference and since I've never carried or worn a holster before I basically have to go with what I "think" will be best for me based on my research. At this point I'm aiming towards a hybrid because from what I've read it is supposed to be more comfortable to wear due to the leather backing.

However if anyone can convince me why a Kydex holster is a better option then I'm all ears.

Here are the hybrids I'm currently considering:

1) Black mamba (from Jizni)
    2) MTAC - Whenever Hailstorm receives stock
    3) Hybrid from Geoff at CKCS

I've heard that Geoff makes really good stuff (and is good value for money) but in all honesty I'm leaning towards the MTAC right now because from what I can tell (maybe I'm wrong) it is the most customisable as far as ride depth and cant are concerned.

Maybe there are other (or better) Hydrid holsters on the market but these three seem to pop up most often.

I'd welcome any inputs/suggestions.

Banned

Default Re: Hybrid holster recommendations for P-07?

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller View Post
    However if anyone can convince me why a Kydex holster is a better option then I'm all ears.
    Kydex keeps it shape; leather mostly collapses over time and makes one handed holstering difficult.

That said, I stitch my own leather holsters because leather is soft and pliable, friendlier to my skin and I can tailor it exactly to my needs.

User

Give it 6 months. You will have a collection of holsters. Just seems to be the way it works.

What I find suitable may not work for you because of height, weight, body shape, phases of the moon.

For what it's worth I like Geoff's stuff and is what I use for my EDC. Have a couple of others from Daniels, Sticky, Old Faithful, Ross. Old Faithful didn't last, and I did a PIF with the Ross as couldn't get used to it.

User

I use the Black mamba for my P07 most of the time. Very comfortable. I also use a CKCS multicarry(that is pure kydex). Also extremely nice. People do rave about the Mtac, cant speak from experience.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Slev View Post
    I use the Black mamba for my P07 most of the time. Very comfortable. I also use a CKCS multicarry(that is pure kydex). Also extremely nice. People do rave about the Mtac, cant speak from experience.
    Do they make an MTAC for the P07 now?

I got the MTAC for my wife for her G26, but there was nothing made for the P07. I was bummed. It's awesome. I went with a Black Mamba from Jizni. It's really not a bad holster and is fairly comfortable. But that MTAC... Different class.

If I could find one for the P07 I'd be ordering right now.

I've been carrying a "Alien Gear" Kydex Cloak tuck for months now. The leather backing moulds well to my body (I'm a heavy guy). And one hand holstering is seamless.
    I've got another Kydex which is not as comfy, as I find with the 'Alien Gear', I can adjust the ride depth and cant to almost any position which to me is amazing. Why not look into that as an option as well.

User

I have one of these: http://www.jizni.co.za/holsters-p-07...a-ce-cz75.html

It's the budget version, untreated leather. Rubbed it down with some dubbin and I use it every single day, takes a beating and stays comfortable, sturdy and keeps good passive retention.

User

CKCS hybrid. Carrying my Glock 19 in mine and it's fantastic. It conceals well and is very comfortable.

User

It depends if you will be tucking your shirt in as well.
    I have the Black mamba (from Jizni) and it does not tuck as well as the single shirt tuck clip on Geoffs CKCS https://www.facebook.com/11109262228...type=3&theater

The single clip is also easier to slide the holster in and take it out, I use one hand. On the black mamba or any other double clip, I cannot put it on without taking my pants off and placing it.

The leather backing is defiantly more comfortable then the link above.
    If you want to try the black mamba or the CKCS, let me know and we can maybe meet up.
    cheers.

User

I can really recommend trying out the Concealment Solutions Black Mamba CE. I've been using mine since July and have been very happy with it. No problems while driving long distance, and I recently did a 6 hour beach walk where it passed with flying colours. Carrying a G17 is a breeze. Definitely worth trying if you are looking for a comfortable IWB setup. I also use their hybrid mag carrier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast