Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Sus-Tac Suppressor Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    I use a SAI on both my Tikka T3 CTR in 308 and my Troy AR. They are imported and full auto rated. At less than R3k each substantially cheaper than what Sustac quoted me. I am extremely happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks good.
    Will do some research on them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    Here's what the inside of an ASE looks like: I don't think we have the capability to mass produce something this complex.
    It's interesting you should say that (though I realise the reply is old). About the time of this post I began researching this exact product and I believe I have come up with a way to make something similar. The design is sound, but still utilises a tube. Making a suppressor such as the ASE is actually not that difficult, though I suspect the challenge would be the welding of the baffles. The design I have would look similar but would be assembled very differently, though, would likely not compare to the ASE's tubeless design in weight and effectiveness.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevendr View Post
    The sus tac extends barrel by about 7.5”, that is the one part that bothers me. Top of my list is a ASE, but cant seem to find a dealer in GP who has stock. maybe I should just wait until ASE become available again.
    Euro Optic has a few left in stock, depending on the thread you want.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver_WP View Post
    When Ase Utra test full auto on a 10" M92 in 7.62x39, or a 10" 300BLK, not an 18" M249 which is 5.56x45 I may be convinced. But as you mentioned, in bolt applications, they're brilliant.
    Hi, not nearly all our endurance tests of products are online.

A good example of what our jet-Z CQB-BL for example can take is the following 8 magazine cycle on a 10" HK416

30 round magazine 1 round a second semi auto
    30 round magazine empty in one 30 round burst

So alternating that for 240 rounds

Several of the current SOCOM and European military SOF endurace test cycles are lesser than that.

We have tested numerous developmental and production models across a wide range of full auto weapons.

In addition to our own internal testing, the products have been very throughly tested by a number of government organizations across the world.

Full auto fire is not an issue for our products.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Sales and Marketing Manager
    Ase Utra sound suppressors

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster View Post
    Here's what the inside of an ASE looks like: I don't think we have the capability to mass produce something this complex.

Very similar to a 1909 maxim silencer

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Hi, not nearly all our endurance tests of products are online.

A good example of what our jet-Z CQB-BL for example can take is the following 8 magazine cycle on a 10" HK416

30 round magazine 1 round a second semi auto
    30 round magazine empty in one 30 round burst

So alternating that for 240 rounds

Several of the current SOCOM and European military SOF endurace test cycles are lesser than that.

We have tested numerous developmental and production models across a wide range of full auto weapons.

In addition to our own internal testing, the products have been very throughly tested by a number of government organizations across the world.

Full auto fire is not an issue for our products.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Sales and Marketing Manager
    Ase Utra sound suppressors

Thanks, this is good info. I have spoken with Danie Joubert and he confirmed not to worry about the durability of the ASE products. Definitely not only meant for bolt actions.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    I have Sus-Tac's big boy on my Tikka 300WSM, think it's called the BW4045BR. The one with the Muzzle Break.

Don't fall into the "trap" to buy the muzzle break. The Muzzle break is lying in my reloading room somewhere......
    When hunting with the break installed, it makes the gun long, cumbersome and difficult to maneuver.
    When stationary/bench shooting it's not so much of a problem.
    The break works like a charm, but lessens the silencing part.
    To me personally, a waist of money.

Now for the good part
    My 300 is much much quieter than all my mate's 300's. (we compared them side by side)
    The recoil is manageable, don't expect the Silencer to wipe out the recoil totally.

The service I received from Mike at Sus-Tac will make me go back there, they produce some of the best Silencer's locally made.
    As soon as I have bucks, I'll dump the silencer on my AR and get a Sus-Tac one for it.
    Hi..I would like to get a Sus-Tac for my 300wm, but concerned regarding your comment about the muzzle break being a waste...a fellow shooter at the range had one on a 308 I think..I had my back to him when he fired the first shot, and was totally amazed at the almost no sound...just heard whizzz...thought he was shooting a .22 with subsonics!!

Yes it does make your gun much longer with the muzzle break, and you say with the muzzle break there is more noise than without?

Just wondering about this..

Quote Originally Posted by johanvb View Post
    Hi..I would like to get a Sus-Tac for my 300wm, but concerned regarding your comment about the muzzle break being a waste...a fellow shooter at the range had one on a 308 I think..I had my back to him when he fired the first shot, and was totally amazed at the almost no sound...just heard whizzz...thought he was shooting a .22 with subsonics!!

Yes it does make your gun much longer with the muzzle break, and you say with the muzzle break there is more noise than without?

Just wondering about this..
    The muzzle break is removable. Check you tube videos for demos. I wouldn't trade mine for any other.

Sent from my PSP7501DUO using Tapatalk

I have a SUSTAC suppressor and muzzle brake combined and I am extremely happy with it. Shooting in a line of 5 guns all 6.5mm and all with suppressor of various makes and the SUSTAC was noticeably quieter than the others... longer as well. I did not find out the other models and makes. My muzzle velocity was checked to make sure I was not subsonic LOL

As for the brake and the suppressor... the brake is after the suppressor so it may noisier with it on but my that stage most of the crack has gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3